• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ich?

Becca

Members
There are also hillstream loaches in this aquarium.
I'd normally say raise temperatures, but the body condition on those fish is not good - they could waste away pretty quickly if it's hot. Seachem Paraguard is my go-to for ich and won't destroy plants. If you can slowly raise temps up to over 86, that will help, too. Make sure to add extra air stones to keep water oxygenated.

CichlidDan

Members
I'd normally say raise temperatures, but the body condition on those fish is not good - they could waste away pretty quickly if it's hot. Seachem Paraguard is my go-to for ich and won't destroy plants. If you can slowly raise temps up to over 86, that will help, too. Make sure to add extra air stones to keep water oxygenated.
I have API Ick med I treated last night. I would raise the temp but I’m worried about the hillstream loaches.

CichlidDan

Members
Yea just got the Chili Rasboras on Thursday hopefully they make it.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I recently had ich in my QT tank. It was a real pain in the rear. Raised the heat (89F) and increased aeration for two weeks. I thought that took care of it and then the ich came back like crazy. Then I used some meds with high temperature and increased aeration, which seemed to make things worse. After 4 weeks everything died. I don’t know if my initial attempt selected for some kind of super resistant ich, but it didn’t end well.

QT is a must. The fish were destined to go into my established 135G and if I had put them directly in then it would have been a disaster.

CichlidDan

Members
I recently had ich in my QT tank. It was a real pain in the rear. Raised the heat (89F) and increased aeration for two weeks. I thought that took care of it and then the ich came back like crazy. Then I used some meds with high temperature and increased aeration, which seemed to make things worse. After 4 weeks everything died. I don’t know if my initial attempt selected for some kind of super resistant ich, but it didn’t end well.

QT is a must. The fish were destined to go into my established 135G and if I had put them directly in then it would have been a disaster.
Sorry to hear they all passed away. I noticed that the spot disappeared, hopefully the meds work and the chili rasboras make it. I setup a qt tank yesterday for future fish.