• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hurricane!!!!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Hey, so just a friendly reminder to my fish folks. There is a storm a brewiin, and regardless of the title from hurricane, to storm - it world be a good idea to get a good water change in. Both for safety, but the possibility the fish might breed with the change barometric pressure etc.
Check your batteries, pumps filter etc.
We also know the weather around here is s little crazy around this time....I know, I know, not as extreme as other parts. But we don't seem to have the infrastructure to deal with light winds or even an inch of snow. Anywhoo
Would be a good time to get a checklist going for your selves too. Get winterized for both your family and fishy family.
So let's be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, hope everyone gets through unscarred. We already got hammered with rain Tuesday night in Frederick. Several friends are dealing with flooded basements. More rain on the way is no good.

JLW

CCA Members
On the upside, lower the water level on your tanks, and refill with storm water Monday or so. Spawns galore. :)

chriscoli

Administrator
I was just going to say that, Josh.

Keep an eye on those cories and other barometric pressure-linked spawners!

Becca

Members
My male Guianacara dropped guarding his fry with his main squeeze last night and started courting the other mature female. I had to build a fort out of slate and rocks to keep mom and babies safe from their XXX rated antics. They seem to like bad weather and dirty water.

JLW

CCA Members
You can't have a word with as many syllables as "Guinacara" in a country music song.
I mean ... these are the people who abbreviate the word "definitely" down to "def."

Oh... shoot. . . . Will is a very large guy ... I'll be hiding over there, if anyone needs me.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, working on water changes in the 150 tonight.
Picking up fresh gas in tanks for generator tomorrow. Putting what has been sitting for 6 months in my truck and buying new for the Generator. I do that twice a year.
Will cut back on food a little starting tonight so the water quality stays up.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
One never knows but my favorite weather guy tells me you folks can rest easy. The beast is going to drop lots of water on the Carolinas and turn away. It is shifting east. Sorry to disappoint the alarmists amongst you but I do not think you will need the generator Pat.

P.S. Hope to see some of you at OCA.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, I just saw the update....we're not going to see much.

But, I'll bet the grocery store is out of milk, bread, and TP nonetheless.

FishEggs

i think the weather guys get kick backs when the stores sell out of milk and bread.
Also i never got why everyone runs to the store and stocks up right before a storm. We could probably last 2 weeks without going to the store at any time if it comes to it.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
People go buy a bunch of stuff because they feel they should do something but they do not know what to do. Running around like a chicken without a head buying stuff seems like a good idea. Getting the generator ready like Pat does is too directed for most folks.

I think the best thing to do is get a bunch of folks together for a party. If it really hits and it just happens to be your time, you certainly do not want to go alone or unhappy.