• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hurricane!!!!

D-money

Members
If the current forecast is correct, the Patriots should be able to deflate it before it hits New England.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I think the best thing to do is get a bunch of folks together for a party. If it really hits and it just happens to be your time, you certainly do not want to go alone or unhappy.

Back in fall of 2004(?) I was living in north central PA and we were told this hurricane was coming straight at us! I threw a huge hurricane party, well tried to but my turnout was poor, and all we ended up getting was rain and winds. Neither of which was anything to write home about. That was Isabelle. Any mention of that here of the shore and people twitch...

But my friends and I had great food, beer and fun! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tangcollector

Staff member
Back in fall of 2004(?) I was living in north central PA and we were told this hurricane was coming straight at us! I threw a huge hurricane party, well tried to but my turnout was poor, and all we ended up getting was rain and winds. Neither of which was anything to write home about. That was Isabelle. Any mention of that here of the shore and people twitch...

But my friends and I had great food, beer and fun! :D

I lost power for 9 days from Isabelle. Thank god I was not keeping any fish at the time.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Josh I hate you lol!
You are welcome though if you need a place or want to get fat eating baked goods. That's usually what we do during storms lol! Make cookies and watch the storm.
As for preparing we are going to fill gas tanks up for the generator and cars and get some pasta and tp lol! Water changes a day ahead of schedule, along with with basic running around the house making sure the impellers are clear etc.
As for preparedness we seem to always be prepared, especially since I grew up on Caribbean islands.

Terri

CCA Members
A bunch of mine have been breeding for days now, especially in the tank w/ the "magic breeding gravel"!!! :-D

Terri

CCA Members
One never knows but my favorite weather guy tells me you folks can rest easy. The beast is going to drop lots of water on the Carolinas and turn away. It is shifting east. Sorry to disappoint the alarmists amongst you but I do not think you will need the generator Pat.

P.S. Hope to see some of you at OCA.

Thought I was going to be in Carolina today & tomorrow, but postponed till next week--yey!

Becca

Members
Seems like a perfect weekend to make stew in the crock-pot, you know, since it looks like we'll have power now.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Collecting wood to start building an ark. Wonder if I need to include fish on it?