• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to sell fish at the big fish deal?

chriscoli

Administrator
Hi Shane,

Yes, if you want to sell at the BFD, you'll need a Sunday Marketplace table. Tables are $30 and you keep all of your profits. There are no room sales at this event.

DBLN8

Members
What time does marketplace open? Do you have a list of marketplace vendors? I apologize if this info is on the forum/website I’ve looked but can’t find it.

chriscoli

Administrator
Check out the button at the top of the forum that says "The Big Fish Deal". It'll take you to the event's website and you can see the schedule. I have been behind on listing the individual vendors at the marketplace. It might be better for me to start a thread on the forum instead.....

DBLN8

Members
There's no info or mention of Marketplace in the schedule listing, there is a note on the home page that says Sunday is the marketplace day but no time is given as to when it starts.

FishEggs

There's no info or mention of Marketplace in the schedule listing, there is a note on the home page that says Sunday is the marketplace day but no time is given as to when it starts.
Go to event schedule and click on sunday. It tells you market place opens for customers at 10:30.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
DBLN8 DBLN8 There will be a large line to get in the doors on Sunday A.M. I suggest getting there early if you want to be in the front of the line. Either way, it will be worth it

chriscoli

Administrator
And remember, for anyone who has a table, you keep 100% of your profits. Once you reserve a table, it's up to you. You can promote a business, sell stuff, give away stuff, whatever. Just keep it more or less fish-related.

lkelly

Members
View of Pat's table from the last few years:

chinesetheater.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
I remember a few years ago we had some vendors ask to NOT be next to Pat's table because the line was blocking their table the previous year. :D

Acara19

CCA Members
wish i had enough money for display tanks
i have giant bags for now :)
also what's the best way to sell small clumps of plants
should i ask my lfs for tiny bags?

chriscoli

Administrator
Small clumps of plants could be sold in ziploc bags (do NOT sell fish in ziploc bags). You don't need any water in with the plants, the water that's already on them is enough.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Most swap meets have fish prebagged. I don’t do that but prebagging is much easier to do. Remember my fish come with me Thursday night so they will be in tubs and tanks I’m my room waiting for Sunday so it’s easier for me to do tanks.
If you have fish in bags then your sales will be much quicker than mine. I do take a long time to bag when someone wants a fish. That’s what creates the line.