• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to price loaches ?

Goonie

CCA Members
I know as they put on some size they get some price to them.

I am debating selling mine inhave some as small as 3 inches all the way up to near 7.

School I think is at 12 loaches or so. Most between 4 and 5 inches I belive hard to get an accurate count as they rarely are all out togeather and when they are its a ball of chaos devouring blood worms or brine shrimp.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
My terribly un-scientific method is to take recent prices from Aquabid and commercial vendors such as Wetspot, work out a happy medium, and adjust depending on the amount of "effort" I've invested in raising the fish.

But then again, I mostly sell cheap(ish), smaller fish that grow quickly and rarely top out at over 3".

Blaise

Goonie

CCA Members
Not a member I picked up 1, but then found my astronotus crassipinis, being dirty fish I think itld be best to sell the loaches and focus on the crassipinis.

Hopefully in a year or 2 I'll have some f1 juvies for sale

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Not a member I picked up 1, but then found my astronotus crassipinis, being dirty fish I think itld be best to sell the loaches and focus on the crassipinis.

Hopefully in a year or 2 I'll have some f1 juvies for sale
Loaches for sale?

Goonie

CCA Members
For the right price anything is for sale lol. I'm just trying to figure out what to price them at, but I do plan on selling them and maybe doing a small group of geos to clean up after the oscars

Goonie

CCA Members
Between 11 and 14 lol I don't know I've just been adopting them over the last couple years or snatching up medium sized ones when I see them for sale...

Smallest is likely 3.5 largest is closer to 7 most are 4 to 5 I think hard to tell, when they are all out at once they are a rolling ball of chaos.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
I would def be interested in the smaller 4.5 and under. I know once you get around 5 inches they start getting expensive.

Goonie

CCA Members
Was hoping to move the whole group at once, asking around in some other places I keep hearing 600 is a solid mark for the group but that seems high to me, I was thinking maybe 500.

I'll get some pictures when I get back from Maine next week.

I'll have a few fish posted for sale then.

The clowns, couple pink tail chels, school of adult african longfin tetras with some size to em. Maybe a couple other things.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Sounds good. I think you will get sales for the large singles by themselves. Some only want 6 inch and up . Plus 5-600 is pretty heavy. We’ll see. I will be around when you post.

Goonie

CCA Members
Sounds good, I'm just trying to stress the tank as few times as possible, takes 2 days after gravle vacs for the oscars to trust me again as is lol.