• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How much are these tanks worth? big tanks!

Im coming along some free tanks w/ EVERYTHING. i mean like stands, filters, lights, books on books on books of fish relatedness. EVERYTHING lol

and now i need help pricing these out to sell because i have NOT one square inch of room to keep these, although I wish i did :/ I dont know the brand names or anything, and i dont really know when i going to get them because they are in VA and im in WV for school. But it wouldnt hurt to get info now :)

so im getting:

200 gallon w/ stand, lights, filter
175 gallon w/ stand, lights, filter
100 gallon w/ stand, lights, filter

and then a bunch of other misc stuff. How much do yall think i could get money wise?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Those are all non-typical sizes/gallonages. What are the dimensions?

verbal

CCA Members
If you want to sell your tanks quickly, price it like the typical tank one size down. I have been looking for tanks in the 120-180 gallon range.

I would say these are the typical prices for bigger tank setups:

55 - $150
75- $250
125 - $325
180 - $500-$600

Generally wider tanks sell for more on average. For example I would not have been too tempted by a 55 for $125, but was considering paying that for the 56 column posted on here.

see i like those prices, and these sound like they are fully loaded. The lady said her EX-Husband really liked the hobby and had high end stuff. i guess we will see.

and i dont know the dimmensions right now tony, but the 175 is acctualy a 150.

verbal

CCA Members
Here is a source for tank pricing. I don't know if it is 100%, but it can give you somewhere to start.

http://forums.eastcoastcichlids.org/showthread.php?t=7008

With high end equipment(specialized lighting, UV filters, high end filters) you probably need to part out if your aim is to get top value.

I would probably list the tanks and stands(especially non-standard sizes) together, with glass tops if you have them. The 150 you might be ok separating since the stand fits a 125.

dogofwar

CCA Members
If she has a bunch of big tanks and wants them gone, then being able to both buy them all...and get them out of there yourself could go a long way to getting a good deal. Of course it will probably require some legwork on your part.

Matt

Tony

yea and im fully ready to get my muscle on haha i think i might take her out for lunch or something lol

Sounds like the very least you could do if she is giving them to you. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd give her some money if you're going to end up flipping them, but that's just me.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
see i like those prices, and these sound like they are fully loaded. The lady said her EX-Husband really liked the hobby and had high end stuff. i guess we will see.

and i dont know the dimmensions right now tony, but the 175 is acctualy a 150.
SOUNDS LIKE A BITTER SPOUSE IF SHE IS TELLING YOU ITS HIGH END AND HER "EX HUSBANDS" TANKS THAT YOU CAN HAVE FOR FREE. ;) LOOK AT IT AS A LOVELY XMAS PRESENT. NICE WAY TO START A FISH ROOM W/ THAT DEAL. YOU HAVE A LOT OF OPTIONS TO PLAY WITH. GOOD LUCK ;).

Sounds like the very least you could do if she is giving them to you. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd give her some money if you're going to end up flipping them, but that's just me.

haha i feel like thats always my payment when people give me free stuff "well lets go get lunch then" haha

and im thinking about letting one go for the cost of me getting them to a marine in fort brag, and keeping the 200 :)

and ill keep you in mind NY guy

Tony

haha i feel like thats always my payment when people give me free stuff "well lets go get lunch then" haha

and im thinking about letting one go for the cost of me getting them to a marine in fort brag, and keeping the 200 :)

and ill keep you in mind NY guy

Sounds like a good deal for all parties then. :)

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

They are cleaned now, and they come with EVERYTHING!

the 225 isnt posted because she couldnt get any pictures of it.