• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How does this work?

Hawkman2000

Members
I have about 15 to 25 convict babies that are about 1/2". I am thinking about donating some for this growout contest.

verbal

CCA Members
I think the fish chosen for the last grow-out was a CARES species. I think it is a good idea to pick something that is a little less readily available than convicts.

men_arell

Members
I am very interested in participating in a grow out contest but it is a shame that we don't have one going on. I would be happy to participate if we ever have something in the future. I would love to work with some lake Victoria CARES species. I'll have to get my hand on some.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
We will talk about it as a BOD. We have kicked the idea around in the past, but really need to figure out a good species to use, considering the long term care of the fish.

Would folks be willing to "buy in" to the contest if we were to purchase fry to begin with?

Vinh2o

Members
I am looking forward to the outcome of this. A grow out contest would be a nice way to share best practices at the end of the contest. Heck, we might even settle a who makes the best food debate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

men_arell

Members
We will talk about it as a BOD. We have kicked the idea around in the past, but really need to figure out a good species to use, considering the long term care of the fish.

Would folks be willing to "buy in" to the contest if we were to purchase fry to begin with?

I have no problem with Buying in as long as it gives us the discounts that* we would see in Group Buys. It really is no different from just buying a fish. This contest would give us an incentive to take better care of said fish.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Maybe over summer break if I can get this EBJD breeding project wrapped up and get a breeding group going. If not, I don't think I'll have the tank space. I loved raising Victorians and other rare Africans and would love a shot, though. I'm really good at it!