• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How did you spend your snow day?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I spent mine doing water changes and filter cleanings. I had just about finished when I ran out of r.o. water. A lot of work but nothing like the work I will have to do to locate my car under all the snow.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
We spent ours cleaning the house, doing laundry, then drinking liquor and cooking Cuban cuisine.

A good day, for sure! The evening will be spent watching the Cowgirls/Saints game on NFL network. :)

chris_todd

Members
After shoveling snow three times today, I'm now relaxing in front of the TV with my laptop, a Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale, watching the Aints and Owboys, having done water changes on the 90 and 75, while my wife and daughters decorate the Christmas Tree while listening to a Charlie Brown Christmas. Life is Good! :-D

lonlangione

Members
My mother in law stayed overnight last nite and will be here again tonight, and along with my wife and daughter they baked cookies all day. It's 9:30 PM and the are still baking. They also made tons of chex mix. Me I've been taking the dogs out and blowin snow off the driveway. The sweetest sound of the day???? My snow blower starting right up. Oh by the way, I happen to like having my mother in law here....

Lonny

toddnbecka

Members
I divided my time between cleaning tanks and the computer. Really glad to have the day off (had been scheduled to work) to get caught up on water changes. Who needs R/O water with all the snow? Just fill some buckets and let it melt.

mrkillie

Members
Shoveled snow, did some water changes, tried to fish some young Chal. ndoboi out of a 100 gal tank, watched football with my neighbor.
Same schedule tomorrow, except maybe a little more football - maybe not - don't know if my Steelers will be on now with the Iggles moving to 4:15. Wait and see. If it's the Iggles, then more water changes.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Well I took the wife out to a few stores before it got really bad. Came home and inflated tubes for the kids and shoveled a path to and from our door. That path doestnt even look as if it was ever there. I also had to go to the emergency room around 330 cuz my youngest got cut. Thank goodness for durabond. That was a experience in this weather. All in the world of of daddydom is well now lol. Everyone stay warm and be safe.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
LOL THANKS....HE WAS JUST AS CALM HE JUST DIDNT LIKE THE IDEA OF STITCHES VERY MUCH. LUCKY FOR HIM THEY HAVE ALTERNATIVE MEANS NOWADAYS. IN OUR DAY WE WOULDA HAD STITCHES FOR SURE. HOPE EVERYONE STAYS WARM AND SAFE TODAY. GOOD LUCK WITH THE DIGGING OUT.

Cartel

Members
Glad hes ok and yeah I know what you mean I had to get my head super glued together at the hospital one time lol

Jumbie

Members
I am happy to hear that your son is ok DQ!!! I was supose to do my water changes yesterday, but I was being lazy and never got around to it lol. I played some Xbox, watched some movies, and cought up on some sleep. I am going to try to take care of my tanks today hopefully I don't have to go in today.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
good to hear he didn't get hurt to bad and you coulda done that at home with super glue :)
i told wifey the same thing. if i knew they were gonna do that i coulda saved us a trip.....and a er bill. :D military has been doing that for years. thanks jumbie. i put doing mine off too....just didnt have time. today im being a bum. football...eat...football...sleep...football!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Today was a bust. lol
I got up and worked on about 1/2 the drive in about 1.5 hours. Ate breakfast and then went and finished the drive and the front sidewalk with my youngest. Never touched the deck or back walk.
After that I have to go to the couch for the remainder of the day.

dogofwar

CCA Members
My super awesome neighbor with a snow blower cleared out our driveway early this AM!!!!

Hung out today with my wife and daughter... played in the snow... got a coffee and the paper from Starbucks (ours, oddly enough, didn't get delivered)... did some water changes... cooked some dinner... now watching the Survivor finale :)

Not a bad day, all in all !

Matt

F8LBITE

Members
I went and cleaned my car off and watched football the rest of the day. Im not looking forward to the commute tomorrow : ( hopefully the boss will call me and say I dont need to try to come in.