• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi everyone.. new member

Bishal

Hello,
I am a biochemistry PhD student in my final year of graduate school. I love keeping fish especially American cichlids. I kept a pair of severums that were 9 and 7 years old along with firemouth, acara, rams, apistos and so on in my 10 years in the hobby. Currently, I have somehow managed to keep 55 and 10 gallon tanks in my apartment amidst my crazy lab hours. Recently, I had to downsize my stock (so sadly, my severums are gone) and now, have an assortment of rainbows in my bigger tank. I have hoping to find and add some nice apistogramma agassizii pair in there soon. One of the employee in our hospital recommended me to join CCA to meet fellow fish hobbyist near Maryland. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. I really need to take more pictures of my fishes. Meanwhile, I've attached pictures of my pair of Apistogramma macmasteri. Thanks!!!

IMG_7422.jpg

IMG_7418.jpg

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum. We meeting on the second Saturday of most months at JFK high school, 1901 Randolph rd Silver Spring, MD. The doors open at 1pm and the meeting starts at 2. There'll be a speaker, raffles, food, and a mini auction. IF you are free come check it out.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Welcome, glad to hear people are recommending us. As others said, great photo of nice fish.

You may be able to find a local breeder with Apisto. agassizi, I know there were some juveniles at the Catfish Convention that happened recently.

Vendors such as www.aquaticclarity.com are also a good source, he doesn't have agassizi listed now, but he's a great source for apistos, other dwarf cichlids, and tons of other fish.

Look forward to some more pics and hopefully catching up at a meeting.

Bishal

Thanks a lot everyone for the warm welcome !! And thanks you very much Michael for the recommendation. I would love to make it to one of CCA meetings. Thanks again.