• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi everybody

JohnRoth

Looks like I'm the new guy so I'm just stopping by to introduce myself. I've been keeping fish for the past 2 1/2 years or so and the habit has escalated far beyond my intentions. That being said, it's also been one of the coolest experiences I've ever had and now that I'm branching out a bit more, or at least preparing to do so, I thought it was about time to register with you all.

Anyhow, I currently have one 55 and a pair of 10 gallon aquariums going. My experience with cichlids is limited to a single fish I purchased about 30 hours ago but I'm pretty taken with him. I've passed through the cichlid tank sections at every lfs I've found and I've always been taken with their beauty, but my experience is limited to the more basic community fish. I've got a strong interest in aquascape and aside from my single blue ram, I keep a variety of corys, siamese algae eaters, tetras and barbs but my heart really belongs to mystery snails.

Anyhow, the new blue ram has me very interested in exploring the possibility of setting up a cichlid tank. My fish are all wonderful creatures and I probably spend more time looking out for their wellbeing than my own but this new guy is an entirely different story. He seems very interactive and very focused on what's going on around his tank. I suspect in the coming months I'll be gearing up for a new 55+ gallon setup and keeping more cichlids but if that happens, I'm hoping to learn what I need to know in advance rather than winging it like I've done in the past.

I hope to get to know some of you and look forward to expanding my knowledge! Thanks for having me!

lilRia

Chairpersons
Staff member
hi! I too am new to cichlids from the tropical community world... they are so different it blows my mind! any photos??

Maryland Guppy

CCA Members
hi! I too am new to cichlids from the tropical community world... they are so different it blows my mind! any photos??

Ahh, another horse lover!
78158b4ac3503caa4ef2b930efcc3c8a.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Once you get started with cichlids you're going to regularly want more tanks. Ask as many questions as you want, we're always glad to help enable the addiction.