• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Here Comes Irene

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Remember to use an indeliable ink marker to write your name, social security number, name of a relative, and phone number to said relative and place it in your left shoe to help identify your body. Do not wear flip flops or sandals but lace up shoes.

:scared0016:

So ummmmm... gonna go out on a limb and say you're sort of like a glass-half-empty guy?

Decent rain here in Gaithersburg, but nothing crazy yet. With winds picking up though, I'm sure power will be out all over the place come tomorrow AM.

We're probably going to survive though.

maddog10

Members
Just emptied the rain gauge 4.5" so far. Lots of branches down in the yard. Must look scary in the radar, girlfriend keeps calling to see if i'm safe.

fischfan13

Banned
girlfriend keeps calling to see if i'm safe.

That's 'cause I've been telling her to call you. :D

A twig about 4" long fell off a tree before and landed on my deck.
317458_263000853718731_100000264561192_973705_7184046_n.jpg

Tony

Try to call. Circuits are busy, Also have terrible toothache. Hurts to talk.

So sorry, hun. Crappy way to spend the storm. Never heard of Rach's clove oil, but sounds like it's worth a try.

If you don't have that (or Oragel), 2 extra strength Tylenol and about three fingers of scotch (neat) may get you on your way... my favorite remedy.

Tony

That's 'cause I've been telling her to call you. :D

A twig about 4" long fell off a tree before and landed on my deck.
317458_263000853718731_100000264561192_973705_7184046_n.jpg

I hope that's all you get, Bill.

Glad it's been downgraded and hope that you, Tommy, Ed and the other ECC boys get the same mercy granted to us in Montgomery County so far.

Been worried about y'all.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
:(

I keep clove oil on hand all the time as its a great anesthetic (for surgery/treatment) for fish, or means of euthanasia if overdosed.

Tony

Don't have clove oil. :( Using tequila on Q-tip and Anbesol.

Ok.. so you're halfway there.

-On the Anbesol - PASS. It's da bomb. Same thing as Oragel in my mind.

-On the Tequila - FAIL. Replace "on a Q-tip" with "in a shot glass" and I'll let you slide.....

Sheesh. These are the things that little brother should not be helping big sis' with. :rolleyes::p

fischfan13

Banned
This is as of 8:15pm...
Humidity: 89 % Wind Speed: NE 22 G 31 MPH Barometer: 29.52" Dewpoint: 72 °F (22 °C)
The worst starts around 2am.
We've already had one tornado warning.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Over 3 1/2" of rain so far... No power since 3...... Had a very big oak tree go down in the yard this afternoon... missed the house but took out some fence and grazed my workshop.... worst was it totalled my greenhouse frame.... had all my orchid plants outside for the summer, but with the impending storm, decided to bring everything into the house (in my florida room turned into a greenhouse) which was very lucky for me.... I have a generator, purchased over a year ago, without needing to use it, but I now know why I got it....
thank god....
anyhow... everything else seems ok.

hmmmm... got through an earthquake, hurricane, tornado threats,
WHAT>>>>> NO LOCUSTS!!!!! :eek::eek:

David

dogofwar

CCA Members
Dude, where are you?

It's basically breezy with a steady rain in Potomac...

Matt

Over 3 1/2" of rain so far... No power since 3...... Had a very big oak tree go down in the yard this afternoon... missed the house but took out some fence and grazed my workshop.... worst was it totalled my greenhouse frame.... had all my orchid plants outside for the summer, but with the impending storm, decided to bring everything into the house (in my florida room turned into a greenhouse) which was very lucky for me.... I have a generator, purchased over a year ago, without needing to use it, but I now know why I got it....
thank god....
anyhow... everything else seems ok.

hmmmm... got through an earthquake, hurricane, tornado threats,
WHAT>>>>> NO LOCUSTS!!!!! :eek::eek:

David

fischfan13

Banned
2nd tornado warning has just passed. We're being told that there will be multiple tornado warnings over the night.
Going to be tough to go to sleep tonight.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Matt:
north of Richmond, south of Fredericksburg.... east of I-95..... (pretty close to rt 301)

It is blowing up a son of a gun here....
it has not let up.....
I think I am sort of in that zone where I get the crap that seems to be worse east of the interstate...
I know the eye has moved up from the mouth of the chesapeake bay, but the forcast here is for significant
gusty winds and rain till at least 2 am

david