• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help

Username

Hi guys, first post here.
5 days ago I noticed holes on the lower jaw and under the eyes of my eureka red. I bought API general cure and I'm on round 2 of treatment, his poop is normal not white so I don't believe it's hith. Then today I noticed the same thing in my flavescent and Ngara in a different tank(he hasn't been in there in 2 months).I feed northfin and everymoth either frozen brineshrimp or bloodworms. Should I try an vitamin additive?

IMG_20191024_150548643_MP.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sometimes diseases can be spread by cross contamination; using the same equipment for multiple tanks, etc.

Have you checked your water parameters? Frequent water changes should be part of any regimen.

Username

Yes, I do 25% water changes every 3 days my nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia are at 0ppm, both tanks have been established for 10 months. I did notice in some other photos the same thing just not as pronounced.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sounds like a good regimen, and parameters are ideal too, so that's a good sign. Just wanted to start with the most obvious indicators. I don't have any specific information on what the true issue might be, but hopefully others might chime in with advice. If the fish are acting normal, eating, and producing normal poop though, those are good signs that its not an overwhelming issue, but I understand wanting to get ahead of a potential problem.