• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help me Aquascape my 5g Scarlet Badis Tank

AquaStudent

Members
Here are some pictures of my tank right now. I wasn't going to use driftwood but I wanted to add a bit more height and contrast to my tank.

The Marselia Quadrifolia carpet has been growing like crazy but I want to clean it up somehow. One of my favorite color combinations is red and white. I'm planning on keeping a pair of Scarlet Badis (red and white) as well as a bunch of Red Cherry Shrimp (already in there). The Red Tiger Lotus is supposed to combo with the quartz rock for more red and white and then the green is supposed to make everything else POP!

I'm trying to maximize caves/hiding places while also limiting shaded parts (no MQ)

Anyway, any insite would be greatly appreciated. Below are some pictures and a link to my newest update video

FTS
DSC00867.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

5 Gallon "Badass" Scarlet Badis Aquarium

Thanks you guys :)

mscichlid

Founder
You could stack the rocks to get some height and add a stem plant. Those additions could help to hide your hardware.

AquaStudent

Members
You could stack the rocks to get some height and add a stem plant. Those additions could help to hide your hardware.

Thanks. I think I'm going to adjust the position of the driftwood, moving it to more of a diagonal, and then placing the jointed rock in front of it to frame it a little.

I'll then work on raising up the left side of the tank to pull attention away from the filter intake. If I can do this correctly I can create a line of observation from the front right of the tank over the MQ carpet, along the driftwood, and up the quartz rock formation on the LHS.

Any comments?

ddavila06

Members
uhmm...i like the wood where it is now however i would move the back part to the corner and even bury it a little and make the front come up a little more and see how that works. add stems to the left side to hide the heater. maybe some ludwigia rapens x arcuata?
im not much of an aquascaper but your set up is really nice =D

AquaStudent

Members
Ok well I played with it a bit and took out some MQ to send to a friend of mine. I also finally got scarlet badis in :) YAY! Anyway this is how it looks right now.

DSC00874.jpg

It's getting there. The carpet is all torn up from when I took some out for my friend. I didn't change the wood much but I framed it a little bit more. I'm also going to try to get the lotus to cover up the filter intake. The left side will be a more diffucult project. I'm hoping to grow out the moss enough to cover up the heater. I have some awesome caves with this setup and the male dario dario has already taken claim to the spot under the lotus and driftwood in the back right corner. He's got a nice Man Cave setup there.

Last edited: