• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello From Oxon Hill, MD

Hi all,

Greetings from Oxon Hill, MD. As with most of my endeavors, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon this site and found I have similar interests with many of you. Hopefully we can learn and grow together as I'm sort of new to this hobby. I have had fish of some kind pretty much my entire life but have been away from the hobby for some time now. The hobby has developed so much over the years that many of the equipment and fish are all new to me.

My interest primarily lies in African Cichlids but I'm moving towards aquatic plants so changes in the near future may arise. Right now now I have several tanks such as a 125gal, 100gal, and a 55gal. Trust me, these are more than enough to handle. The African Cichlids I have were not mine initially but I aquired them as a partial payment for work completed. If anyone is looking for some nice size (5 to 7 inch) Malawi and Tanganyika cichlids please PM me for specifics and selection. Otherwise look for them in the marketplace. It's not that I don't like the cichlids I have now but want to pursue cichlids of my own choosing.

At the risk of becoming overly chatty on my 1st post, I think I'll close here. I look forward to greeting and learning from you all.

Regards,
RapidSixGuns (aka. Michael)

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Welcome Michael, Hope you enjoy our forum and find you way to the March meeting.
There is lots on great knowledge and people in the CCA. Come Join us.

thanks for the welcoming minifoot77 and cabinetmkr39 glad to be aboard and looking forward to learning and growing with you all. i'll see what i can do about the march meeting. hey cabinetmkr and minifoot, what kind of fish are those under your ID? i think i may have one. mine looks the same in body type but the coloration is cream with chocolate bars.

regards,
rapidsixguns (aka michael)

hi minifoot,

absolutely gorgeous fish you have there. it must be nice to have 5 of them. are they aggressive?

regards,
michael

minifoot77

Members
Michael they are really only aggressive towards their own so far with other fish they are pretty peaceful as long as the other fish doesn't fit in their mouths :)

it's a shame old world cichlids tend to be so aggressive as they're very colorful and full of personality. either way....very nice fish you got there.

thanks for the welcoming yss, rsretep, and pat kelly. so far only tony has contacted me about my africans so i'll give a resonable time for him to get 1st dibs. what i have are 1 p. duboisi white band(about 4 to 5 inches), 1 h. livingstoni male (about 6 to 7 inches), 1 yellow lab (about 4 to 5 inches), 1 red dragon blood (about 4 to 5 inches), 2 electric blue lithobates white cap(about 5 to 6 inches), 1 albino zebra of some kind (my favorite and about 5 to 6 inches), 1 synodont euryterus ( about 9 to 10 inches), 1 dolphin cichlid (about 4 to 5 inches), and few other peacocks that i don't know the ID of and a few other non-peacocks i don't know the ID of. all prices are negotiable as long as it's fair to buyer and seller. it'll primarily be 1st come 1st served. PM me if more info is needed or you have an interest. after i know what tony is going to do i will list them in the marketplace.

regards,
rapidsixguns (aka michael)

haha ophelia, don't get me started, lol. i don't want to be the guy who "opens his mouth and removes all doubt"...see ya around.

rapidsixguns

YSS

Members
Wow. You have a lot of fish I would want. Love to come over and take a look at your tank and the fish, but not sure when I would be able to. I think you are about 40 minutes away from me. I live near tysons corder.