• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heaters?

I have a 55 gallon tank and currently 1 200w heater...My question is I have another 100w adjustable heater should I run just the 200 or both to keep the temp constant?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

here is the link to basic guide for heaters and I know there is a very informative thread here on the forum regarding heaters. I will say this in advance whatever you do dont go cheap on this most important peice of equipment for your tank. I know from personal experience I have lost many fish due to malfunctioning cheap heaters. Its best to spend a little more upfront and get something that going to work properly for you in the long run

http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/heating/a/heatersizeguide.htm

Thanx according to that scale my 1 is fine...I was just curious I got an Aqueon 200w Pro series the LFS Guy said they were the best for accurate temp and longevity

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Good pitch...

...but i don't think they've been around long enough for a verdict on "longevity" - not to say that they aren't good.

TMSB805

Members
aqueon pro heaters

Yeah, a little early to be talking about the longevity of this heater but i will vouch for the accuracy of the heater. I have one and i'm pretty impressed with its accuracy.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have a few of them as well and so far so good. They've only been in service for a couple of months.

ezrk

Members
We use jemco temperature controllers on all or big tanks. Costs a bit more but the piece of mind is worth it to us.

STATMATT

Members
+1 on the Jemco temperature controllers. one of the problems with using two heaters in the same tank is one of them tends to kick on before the other one every time. With the controller, you set the heater temperature slightly higher than what you want the water temp to be. Then set the temp on the controller with what you want. The controller kicks both on at the same time and turns them off.

I've moved to the Titanium heaters by jemco, but he told me last that his supplier in China no longer makes them so he is looking for a different source.