• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heater Question

Just picked up a new 135 gallon and need to purchase some pretty reliable heaters. I know everyone has their own opinion on items they prefer. I would like to get thoughts on different makes and models from all please as I have tried a few up to this point with mixed results.

Thanks in advance.....:)

TOMMYN3D

Members
I been using the Visi-Therm heaters for the past few years and im very happy with them.Their have been a few people on different forums with problems with the Stealth Pro, so i wouldn't take a chance with them.
If the tank is in a living room or living area you could go with a 250watt but if it's gonna go in the basement or garage were the temp.might drop due to the cold weather in the winter you can do 2-200watts or 1-300watt heater.
TOMMY

bschuhart

Members
I have Stealth Pro but I'm not sold on them because of the formention issues.

I used to like the Ebo Jagers, but now they are just Jagers and not as good, the verdict is still out.

I've have no problems with my Via Aqua Titaniums w/ out board controller, cost about twice as much, but as Andrew says don't skimp on heaters.

rich_one

Members
I have become a stern believer in the ebo jagers. After one practically boiled a tank of my fish (and I mean, I literally felt the heat emitting from the tank, when standing next to it!), I will not go anywhere near a stealth heater again.

-Rich

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Their expensive but after talking to Mr. Cowherd and buying one for my self. I am sold on the Rena Smart heaters.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Glass Visi-Therm Deluxe. Seem to be the most reliable and the ones that have failed me have done so by sticking in the off position and not the on position.

Rather have 70 degree water than 100 degree water.

DonkeyFish

Members
Their expensive but after talking to Mr. Cowherd and buying one for my self. I am sold on the Rena Smart heaters.

x2. I've started swapping out all my heaters to go with the Smart heaters. Dead reliable, and PLASTIC. IMHO that's the best part. Easy to quickly look and see what's going on by the LED, and I've yet to check and find any of them to be more than half a degree off. And if you happen to have a Rena canister it's a double bonus, since they are made to click in as the inlet to the filter.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
x2. I've started swapping out all my heaters to go with the Smart heaters. Dead reliable, and PLASTIC. IMHO that's the best part. Easy to quickly look and see what's going on by the LED, and I've yet to check and find any of them to be more than half a degree off. And if you happen to have a Rena canister it's a double bonus, since they are made to click in as the inlet to the filter.

I cant find a good price on them. Even on Ebay. The Rena MAP on these must be very firm.

T

tug

I know that there were some problems with the earlier models, but I have been very happy with the Hydor ETH In-Line Heater.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

davidZ

Members
I wouldn't get the stealth, mine just popped, I returned it to marineland, will see what happens!
know some people that have the rena and fluval, no problems so far.
I also have 2 visi they are still ok, the problem with Marineland the new heaters ate made in China, before they made them in Italy.