• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heater query

Freakgecko

Members
It works well in small spaces, but can be tougher if the space is larger, or wide open. The summer is a fight since we're running AC, but if I close the vent, I don't get enough circulation and humidity goes up, so in the summer I'll rotate the space heater with a fan and dehumidifier. I found out that circuit can't handle the load of both at the same time.
What about having an exhaust fan installed into your basement to vent the moisture out?

Goonie

CCA Members
luckily year round humidity in my basement is about 40ish since adding tanks, but I get a different issue with closing vents in the form of condensation. So then I get duck work dripping onto the ceiling in a finished portion of the basement. I may look at a bathroom style fan for that to see if it helps.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
An exhaust fan would be great, but there's only a single window in that room and it's ground level, and I didn't feel comfortable having something that could make for easy access to the house if someone realized it could be removed. I can run a fan pulling air out and sending into the finished area of the basement, but then I'm just heating more of the basement, so it's a catch-22.