• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heads Up on 20% Off Sale from Tangled Up in Cichlids

chriscoli

Administrator
I got a 5-pack of Steatocranus casuarius and a trio of Ptychochromis sp. ‘Tarantsy’.

I'll also post pics as soon as they've settled in, but they all look fantastic! I'm totally geeking-out about the Buffaloheads....and the Ptychochromis are on the CARES list....so all is good!

blkmjk

Members
I'll take some pics once they settle in a bit. Drew, I broke down and got some glass bangers in a pair of F2 amphilophus citrinellum. I've always wanted some but never pulled the trigger. Jeff hooked me up with a beautiful yellow male and a creamsickle female.

I also got a group of cryptoheros spillurus, a trio of L-75 plecos, and a group of wild caught mollies.

Nice! I'm in the process of trying amps myself for the first time. Definitely need pics of that stuff!

I got a pair of wild Geophagus cf. brasiliensis from Brazil...and a male Aequidens mariae to replace the one that jumped out...

Matt

I've been Eyeing those Brasiliensis my self! But don't have a spot for them at the moment.

I got a pair of cryptoheros myrnae, gilli mollies and a group of limia.

Sweet

I got a 5-pack of Steatocranus casuarius and a trio of Ptychochromis sp. ‘Tarantsy’.

I'll also post pics as soon as they've settled in, but they all look fantastic! I'm totally geeking-out about the Buffaloheads....and the Ptychochromis are on the CARES list....so all is good!

Are those Africans?

Drew

chriscoli

Administrator
The Ptycochromis is from Madagascar, the Steatocranus is an African rheophilic cichlid (Congo river basin).

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've never actually seen those Ptycochromis, so please take pics and start a CARES thread on them :)

I'd assume that they're similar in behavior / care as P. oligacanthus and "East Coast Gold" but probably stay smaller like the oligacanthus (vs. get big like the East Coast Gold)...

Sam's set up for Oligacanthus seems ideal...

Matt

The Ptycochromis is from Madagascar, the Steatocranus is an African rheophilic cichlid (Congo river basin).

chriscoli

Administrator
I definitely will do that. I have a pair of Sam's oligacanthus...in the tank right above these guys. So far, body shape/size is similar, but fins are a little longer and pointier. Lastnight they were charcoal gray with undertones of iridescent olive green. Since these guys are known for changing color with mood, I figured I'd hold off on the pics till they settled in a little.

spazmattik

Members
I also pulled the trigger on this today and my hoplarchus pssitacus should arrive tomorrow :) I also got a little something else to make the shipping worth it but uh.. its private stock for now. They will be aged like fine wine and available to club members at a later date ;)