• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Greetings from DC

munsterrr

Members
Took a few years off due to life being too busy and didnt want to take it out on them. Picked up a 55 US gallon with two filters, stand, and decore for $150(steal). Over all pretty happy. Let my GF pick out a few also. The Birchr was hiding so I couldnt snap a photo of him.

Please! All opinions, ideas, and critiquing is encouraged.

55 US long
Cascade 1000 canister
HOT Magnum 250

All young
Labidochromis caeruleus
Metriaclima estherae
Metriaclima lombardoi
Archocentrus nigrofasciatus
Aulonocara Hybrid
Synodontis nigriventris
Polypterus senegalus

P1010990 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010991 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010993 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020009 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020008 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020007 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020004 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020002 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020012 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010981 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010989 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010984 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010983 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1010966 by munsterrr, on Flickr

P1020014 by munsterrr, on Flickr

minifoot77

Members
ph could go to 8.2 or so but may affect the others in the tank... when your fish start disappearing your investigation should start with questioning the poly......

munsterrr

Members
You know I didn't even realize this site was Maryland oriented! I feel dumb now lol.

Do you all have gatherings at LFSs or anything like that?

Opinions on the best shops around?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Our monthly meetings are on the 2nd Saturday of the month. The next meeting is featuring Anton Lamboj. Come check it out!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to CCA! Lots of peeps around here are very knowledgeable and helpful when you need it. Definitely come check out a meeting. We have members who drive in from all over. :happy0180:

munsterrr

Members
Anyone know of a good local place to pick up some decor? Rocks/Stones for homes mainly. Pristine Aquariums in Alexandria is my closest LFS. Wanted others opinions.

Rasta Fish

Members
welcome
will this guy Polypterus senegalus start snacking on your fishes as he grow bigger?
dont know much about them but i look up images of them on Google they seems to love eating other fishes

munsterrr

Members
welcome
will this guy Polypterus senegalus start snacking on your fishes as he grow bigger?
dont know much about them but i look up images of them on Google they seems to love eating other fishes

I've owned one before in a cichlid tank and everyone got along fine. I got him young so everyone would play nice. They grow pretty slow also.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Welcome to CCA! I can tell you that the meetings are well worth it. The speakers are always awesome and there will be cupcakes, lol!