• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Green Fliers w/ Wigglers! Day 4 (pics, video)

Diogenes

Members
I have a pair of Archocentrus centrarchus. They bred 4 days ago. They're much more aggressive. They killed two platy's and the female even nipped me when I put my hand in the tank to pull some java moss off the filter inlet. There's been a dramatic color change, and they've moved the eggs to a pit just below the driftwood. The eggs have little tails and they can flop around a little. The female flier has stuck some of them to the wood, and stuck some together in a ball. Both M and F have changed color to a very dark blue/black.

You can see the parents and the wigglers in this video:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPoDjnSa9wk

Male

Before:
72009038.jpg

After:
P1060219.jpg

Both:

P1060221.jpg

P1060222.jpg

P1060213.jpg

P1060218.jpg

P1060224.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Will,

I've got another breeding pair of the same size from the same wild "Lago Nicaragua" parents as his pair...

Let me know if you'd like them.

Matt

I love these fish! I really want some I like how big their color change is when spawning.

Sonny Disposition

Really, really cool. There are no better fish parents than biparental cichlids. But why these things were named after fliers, I'll never know. I don't think the resemblance is that great.

Diogenes

Members
should I put some pantyhose or foam or something over the filter intake? She dug the pit right below it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Or a piece of Aquaclear filter foam.

Once the fry are free swimming, try to get them some First Bites fry food!

Good luck!

Matt

Diogenes

Members
Hi Will,

I've got another breeding pair of the same size from the same wild "Lago Nicaragua" parents as his pair...

Let me know if you'd like them.

Matt

yeah I got these from dogofwar. He has some neat fish. Check it out. I'm gonna grab a pair of those cutteri's too as soon as I get another tank setup.