• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Great Book Pick-Ups at AquaMania!

dogofwar

CCA Members
My fish purchases at AquaMania were pretty minimal this year (a pair of A. centrarchus, a pair of Acaronia, some convicts, a group of goodeids and a pair of swordtails)...but I got some GREAT books for a song.

The stack is next to me:

"Large Cichlids" by Staeck and Linke
"Cichlid Atlas - Volume 1 - Natural History of South American Dwarf Cichlids" by Romer (probably the most comprehensive Apisto resource I've ever seen)
"Cichlids of North and Central America" by Conkel (a coffee-table size book with amazing collection pictures...and, of course, the ones that Don made up)
"North America Native Fishes for the Home Aquarium" by Schleser
"Cichlid Fishes of Lake Victoria, East Africa" by Greenwood (a classic)
"The Smthsonian Atlas of the Amazon"
"The Cichlids Yearbook - Vol 6" by Konings
"Cichlids from West Africa" by Staek and Linke

As much as I'd like to think that the Internet (and even amazing resources like The Cichlid Room Companion - www.cichlidae.com) can replace good books, I'm amazed at how much I learn sitting down with a good book!

Anyone else pick up any good ones?

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Christine was gracious enough to let me grab a couple that interested her, so happy if you'd like to check any of them out!

Matt - you snooze you lose at the Marketplace. :) $10 (less actually because I bundled a bundled a few) for a nice book like that is too good to pass up...

Matt

I picked up a book that was on my bucket list....you know you're a fish nerd when you get excited about things like "The Plankton Culture Manual."

http://smile.amazon.com/Plankton-Cu...5758869&sr=8-1&keywords=plankton+culture+book

chriscoli

Administrator
There's something oddly rewarding about handing Matt a book and seeing his eyebrows go up, stop mid-sentence, and say "ooooh".