• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Got some Mbuna fry to sell.

cichlidshane

Members
Hey all,

I am preparing to sell some fry in a month or so and want to get some buyers lined up.

You can check out the CL link below to see more details. Email or PM me if you are interested and I will get with you when they are ready. You can see videos of the fry and some parents on my youtube page. Search for cichlidshane . Thanks for browsing and it was a great time at Aquamania 2013. The Nyassa boadzulu Kanchedza I got from the silent auction looks great. I will post some videos of it this week. I am new to the website so forgive me if I posted in the wrong area.

Fish on list are

Approx
Hongi X 32
Yellow LabX 17
Red Zebra X 30
Goldens X 27

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/for/3667657333.html

Shane

fry

I might be interested in a hongi or 2 and a yellow lab when they're a little bigger. I'm in Fred too, let me know when ready. Are you going to KG Tropicals this weekend?

cichlidshane

Members
Yes, I will be at KGTropicals this weekend if I can swing it by my wife. :) I have bought a few fish from John already. Three White Tops, three Yellow Fin Mbamba, two Rustys and I think even one yellow tail acei. John's KGTropicals recently moved into a bigger shop and has more Mbunas to sell than before. He does sorta specialize in Haps and Peacocks. I know his wife got him to sell discus as well. I plan on trying a few haps and peacocks out as well since I got the Nyassachromis boadzulu Kanchedza at the silent auction. 1M and 3F and they look good. They are in my Mbuna tank at the moment and are doing fine. I will move them to another 125g tank in the next week or so that will be hap and peacock specific. I don't want the Mbuna to get to ballsy and beat them up but he is a lot larger so only the Kenyi Male I have gets him out of his area now and then. No fin nipping so far. I have some extra Male Mbunas that I am also selling if you are interested. I have 1 Rusty , 1 white top and 1 golden Mbuna so far. I will post some videos today so you can see the fry and cichlids. I am also looking for a Pseudotropheus saulosi male and female if you know of any. I had a pair but the male died for some reason out of the blue. Female is doing great.

Shane

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Cool man, I remember meeting you at the Aquamania Silent Auction. Glad you picked up that group, they were amazing fish, and a highly contested lot. They came from www.sicichlids.com if you ever have any questions, Anthony is a great guy.

Check out www.davesfish.com or www.cichlidsarespecial.com for saulosi. Both are club sponsors, and often carry them, they're highly sought after lately and a CARES species.

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good to see you're getting into it, Shane.

I have a breeding group of N. broadzulu as well in my 180 (see the old video in my signature). Since they're not top dog in the tank, they don't breed. They are an open water fish, so would appreciate a nice-sized tank, but like I said can't be bullied at all. Large predatory haps and the like (Nimbochormis, large Protomelas, Fossochromis, Buccochromis, C. borleyi) will certainly oppress them to some extent.

For a 125, nice tankmates would include - smaller Protomelas (Taiwan Reef, etc), A blue Placidochromis species, Otopharynx, any peacocks (though jakes may hammer them in a smaller tank). Watch mixing in Copadichromis as they are very similar fish (both blue, blazed, open-water "Utaka").

For mbuna, they would be fine with smaller, less aggressive ones in a large tank (yellow labs, white-tail acei, rusties, afra, etc.).

Cheers for joining up (and making the convention) and keep us posted, bud.

cichlidshane

Members
Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Your tank looks nice. I am still new to the Hobby but learning as I go and doing the research the best I can. My 125g Mbuna tank is still far from finished and I know that some fish will have to be moved around a little based on personality and aggression. I will surely move the Rusties, Yellow Labs in with the Haps and peacocks due to the Mbuna I have stocked. Here is a list of haps and such I have been working on based on color only so far. If you see any that you think would be good for the N. broadzulu I have please let me know. i will check the CAS sponsors and try to buy from them if I can. Thanks for the info from you and Michael.

Otopharynx Lithobates
AULONOCARA JACOBFREIBERGI EUREKA RED
STUARTGRANTI "MALERI ISLAND" (ORANGE SIDED PEACOCK)*
AULONOCARA SP. LWANDA
COPADICHROMIS (OTOPHARYNX) DECORUS NKETE
Copadichromis trewavasae Likoma ''Ivoryhead Mloto''
Protomelas sp. ''Spilonotus Tanzania'' Liuli
Protomelas sp. ''Steveni Imperial'' Likoma ''Tangerine Tiger''
Protomelas taeniolatus ''Red Empress''
Aulonocara stuartgranti Cobwe ''Blue Regal''
Aulonocara sp. ''Lwanda'' Hai Reef ''Red Top''
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Otter Point
Aulonocara baenschi Nkhomo Reef ''Yellow Regal''
Aul Kandeese Blue Orchid
Copadichromis borleyi
Lethrinops albus Kande Island
Placidochromis*sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania

A quick video of my N. boadzulu is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zwz3Tn7IEc&list=PLH3OMwiCQBlRkCNDcw33PWSiuSk3YIAPO

Shane