• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Gino's is coming back.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I read some information on it.
The Giant was out first and soon there after
McDonalds added the Mac.
I used to love the Giant also. Then again I liked MickyD too back when I was younger.
Seldom go there anymore.

rich_one

Members
You're not allowed to go..... Started by Baltimore football players not Steelers. LOL
LOL...

I get a waiver! The Baltimore players who started it were not Ratbirds... err... Ravens, and were not playing in the same division as the Steelers... therefore, I like them! LOL...

-Rich

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
WASNT GINOS WHAT KFC WAS CALLED BEFORE THE BUYOUT ...I USED TO LOVE THEIR HERO BURGERS. IT WAS LIKE A MINI CHEESEBURGER SUB! GONNA HAVE TO SWING BY THERE.

rich_one

Members
WASNT GINOS WHAT KFC WAS CALLED BEFORE THE BUYOUT ...I USED TO LOVE THEIR HERO BURGERS. IT WAS LIKE A MINI CHEESEBURGER SUB! GONNA HAVE TO SWING BY THERE.
I don't know that it was what KFC used to be called, moreso than it was the place that used to sell KFC, since there were no actual KFC's! LOL...

I had thought Ginos just went out of business, and KFC started their own stores after that... it was a buyout?

-Rich

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
No,
They were two different companies but in 1965 Gino's entered into an agreement with KFC to sell the product. KFC did not have their own stores and sold out of other stores.
The company grew for many years and to support more growth they decided to go public and joined the NYSE. Once on the exchange they became a target and in 1982 Marriott bought them out.
Marriott had their own burger chain so they did away with the KFC contract and changed most of the Gino's to Roy Rogers.

minifoot77

Members
wow thats some history lessons for ya :) i'll look for it in text books to come :)

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

I thought Gino was a old forum member that is getting back into fish keeping?????? By the history lesson the burgers were probably $.25

Cartel

Members
since this is before my time all i can think of is the cheesteak joint as well. And you cant forget the other one across the street.