• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - Cryptoheros Coatepeque - PU or Deliver to Meeting

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have a tank full of cryptoheros coatepeque around 1" that are ready to find new homes. They are from the convict group, and are endemic to Lake Coatepeque in El Salvador. Their CRC link is:

http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?id=2104

There's not much info on them on the web, as they are practically non-existent in the hobby. I got my breeders from Sam Santangelo, who went to El Salvador and collected their parents himself several years ago.

I have found them to be average when it comes to breeding aggression, and are currently keeping my group of 2 males and 4 females in a 55 with several other target fish to keep their attention away from killing each other. I haven't had any losses in the tank once the 2 males decided to occupy opposite ends of the tank.

Looking for $3 each or 6 for $15. Would also consider trades. Pick up at my place in Frederick or delivery to the meeting on the 19th. Picks of the parents below:

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

blkmjk

Members
Jon awesome fish! Thanks again they have rekindled my affection for cons. The color on these is amazing!

Btw how are the sevs doing?

Drew

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad they are doing well, Drew. The sevs are doing pretty well. I put the gold in my my big male, and so far so good from an aggression standpoint. The others went in a tank with a large female rotkeil, and there was a bit of aggression at first, but that seems to have calmed down as well.

Jeff721

Members
I will probably be interested in at least a few, maybe a group of 6, man they are really beautiful and not at all what I think of when I think of Convict.

I will let you know closer to the meeting.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Very cool! Looks like they are putting one some size. Give them a few more months and they'll be ready to breed.