• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frybabies BBQ?

guarddog5

CCA Members
Just curious, Usually we have a get together at Julie's in August. I know with the ACA going on next week it might be a bit much, just wondering?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
At this point no.
there are no plans of any kind that I am aware of.
There was discussion of having our normal july members bbq sometime in August but nothing will be decided until after we see how burned out we will be from the convention.

We may need the time to recoup prior to our september meeting.

dogofwar

CCA Members
As an aside, I think I've got a food donation from Costco for September. They reached their limit for donations for July (for the convention) but said that they had an opening for Sept :)

Matt

Julie

Members
I know everyone is going like mad right now, and I like Pat's idea of waiting till after the dust settles before making firm plans, but I still would love to see you all at my place on the 13th of August. I don't have a lot of new stock, but you never know. Come see me at the ACA, and we'll see if we can work something out!

Or just come see me at the ACA. I'm in the same room as that red-haired lady of the Lake(tang.com).

minifoot77

Members
most of the people(jerseyites especially) in this club can't drive let alone fly thats just askin for disaster....

Julie

Members
Ok, shall we do it???

Ok, everyone has had a week to rest up... well, almost a week!

Is there any interest in doing this BBQ? I'm always thrilled to host this. I'll provide hamburgers and hotdogs, rolls, chips, and sodas. most of you know I don't have a lot of fish in stock, but some. So....

To sweeten the pot, I'll offer to pick up fish from Atlantis (as I often have done in the past) and if we get enough buyers, I'll give a 10% discount off his price on his website.

Sooo if you are interested in coming please post here. If you want to bring anything to share foodwise, post here. If you want any fish, please pm me, or email me as fish orders in this thread might get overlooked.

If people are too tired/worn out/not interested in traveling during this wonderful weather we've been having, I totally understand. But if we all want to get together before the end of the summer just to relax, look at fish, talk, etc. we need to plan NOW!

Date: Aug 13, Saturday, 11:00am onwards.

Oh, and for those of you who like to combine trips, That Fish Place has sales on all the month of August, and depending on the route you choose, you can go right past them. I did on my way to the ACA, no problem!

Julie

Members
As much as I'd love to have everyone come up, as I told Fran, work comes first!!
Unfortunately the other weekends in August are already booked up for me :( so I think that we ought to not do the BBQ this year. I certainly do not want to detract from another club function, since this BBQ was for the club!

Maybe next year!!