• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Friday night at BFD

Aqua410

Members
After looking at the itinerary I'm sort of confused on what to expect to see tomorrow night. Will there actually be fish on display or only in the marketplace on Sunday? I have pre-ordered a fish from one of our vendors here and I would like to come tomorrow but I am wondering if there would be anything for my girlfriend who isn't a fish nerd like myself to see while there. Also, must I pick up a pre-order during the marketplace or can I get my fish tomorrow night? Will there be other things for sale throughout the weekend? Being a frequent of reptile shows I'm not sure what to expect at this event outside the marketplace.

lkelly

Members
People will be setting up their tanks for the AB contest in the lobby. There may be some vendors on hand with some fish/dry goods. These are the big vendors like Josh* that set up for the whole weekend. I'm not sure when they are setting up the Rare Fish Auction tanks but once they are up there will be some fish on display (my bet would be Saturday for that setup). There are also a few speakers Friday night.

Obviously the bulk of the "things for sale" shows up Sunday but like I said there are usually some vendors there the whole weekend.

*Josh isn't really all that big despite how many tanks he claims he can lift.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Our weekend vendors, Batfish Aquatics, Tangled Up In Cichlids, and Your Fish Stuff, will be set up Friday night. We will also have the donated fish on display for the rare fish auction. The aquarium beautiful contest entries will be set up in the hotel lobby.

The AB contest entries can be viewed by the public, but the vendors and auction fish are only available to attendees.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Also, pre order fish are best picked up Friday night. While vendors all do a good job packing fish, the sooner you can get them in a tank, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app