• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free Stuff - Pick Up Only

I contacted Beverle and she said that it was ok to repost this over here to offer the tanks and filters to the widest possible group of people. She said that she is there 9-5 on weekdays and 9-1 on Sat. Address is

9159A Brookville Rd., Silver Spring, MD

Do the right thing and call before going over to make sure that she is available of course. Beverle Sweitzer 301-585-2385

Wow! Years ago I was a President of PVAS and here I am letting all of my stuff go. I have over 40 tanks ranging from 70 gal to 10 gal (a lot more 10s than 70s!) and boxes and boxes of filters, siphons, and who knows what else. I have to clear out the space in record time, so while I have a huge investment in this stuff I will give it to a good home. Take a little or take a lot. Maybe the club would want it to raise money. I don't know but I sure hate to see it go to waste. Give me a call or write back if you are interested.

marge618

CCA member
I contacted Beverle and she said that it was ok to repost this over here to offer the tanks and filters to the widest possible group of people. She said that she is there 9-5 on weekdays and 9-1 on Sat. Address is

9159A Brookville Rd., Silver Spring, MD

Do the right thing and call before going over to make sure that she is available of course. Beverle Sweitzer 301-585-2385

Wow! Years ago I was a President of PVAS and here I am letting all of my stuff go. I have over 40 tanks ranging from 70 gal to 10 gal (a lot more 10s than 70s!) and boxes and boxes of filters, siphons, and who knows what else. I have to clear out the space in record time, so while I have a huge investment in this stuff I will give it to a good home. Take a little or take a lot. Maybe the club would want it to raise money. I don't know but I sure hate to see it go to waste. Give me a call or write back if you are interested.[/b]

Wow! And all of my fish wish they had larger homes.. I will try to help here too. I wish I had more tanks 40 gallons and up. Any size bigger than 10 g is promising. How can I participate from Catonsville? (Note, I can not drive.)
Later,
Marge

dogofwar

CCA Members
I called Beverle, dropped by this afternoon, and picked up a couple of tanks (55g's) and some assorted filters and stuff. There are several tanks left (a 30g, a couple of 55s, some 20s and a bunch of 10's). There are also a couple of very nice glass sumps, stands, canister filters, etc. Anything that I can't use, I'll clean up and donate to the club...

There's also a really big tropical houseplant that she's looking to get rid of. It's too big for a car :)

Be forewarned that the stuff is really dirty and has been there for some time ('91?), but free beats the proverbial sharp stick in the eye....and who couldn't use more random fish stuff?

Beverle is very gracious for letting random fish people come into her shop and giving away her fish stuff. Robert, please thank her again for me...

Matt

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I too dropped by and Bev was very nice. I needed a couple of tanks for my fry and picked up some items that I really needed.

Thanx Robert for the info!

I already thanked Bev, she was a sweetheart. FYI, she was actually the President of PVAS years ago and a true Fish person.

RM

dogofwar

CCA Members
That's some plant in that room!

Matt

I too dropped by and Bev was very nice. I needed a couple of tanks for my fry and picked up some items that I really needed.

Thanx Robert for the info!

I already thanked Bev, she was a sweetheart. FYI, she was actually the President of PVAS years ago and a true Fish person.

RM[/b]

I agree. I picked up the fish that she had remaining today from up there along with a few odds and ends. She still has quite a few tanks and odds and ends although it will need some cleaning. I will need to get a picture of the fish as she wasnt sure of the name and I couldnt readily identify it. Looks like SA cichlid but could be CA as well. I will get a pic up when I get a chance.

Glad that some people were able to get some things and help Beverle out.

Thanks
Rob

JustRon

Members
I would have gone down to pick up some 15 gallon tanks, but am remodeling the fishroom this entire weekend.