• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frank's 180G Malawi build

frankoq

Members
Today's progress: wood filled holes, more sanding to remove scratches, and finally painted it. Tomorrow is tank cleaning...scrub scrub. :(

A8986D38-97CA-4382-9B2C-91A17173BCE8_zpsiw1fnqct.jpg

kevin911

Members
Awesome progress !! Frank you know to get scratches out of glass tanks ?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankoq

Members

I have a friend that works in the glass industry.
Turns out he cannot help. In general, glass places do not want to mess around with fish tanks. He said part of the process to remove scratches involves heating the glass. This can compromise the tank and create a crack on the glass or a leak.
There are some suggestions for minor scratches and I will try that.

Ading522

Members

Check out the king of diy on YouTube, he's got a video I requested from him done on how to remove glass scratches and acrylic scratches.. He's got it explained very well..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankoq

Members
Check out the king of diy on YouTube, he's got a video I requested from him done on how to remove glass scratches and acrylic scratches.. He's got it explained very well..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thanks. I'm already subscribed to his channel. I'll go check.

frankoq

Members
Not much done today. Rain halted my tank clean up plans.
Today: Power strips attached and door knobs. The base is done.

471E3211-E16A-4D63-ACE1-F45881EAC79C_zpstekdrb7j.jpg

25305F1C-E1AA-42C2-B1A6-38BEE9376EE2_zpshsktcuwq.jpg

kevin911

Members
Wow very nice ! I'm looking to redo the flooring of my tank in the future. Looking at this gives me a glimps of hope haha

frankoq

Members
Wow very nice ! I'm looking to redo the flooring of my tank in the future. Looking at this gives me a glimps of hope haha

Not hard if you can move the tank and just work with the base.
A bit of a challenge if you plan on replacing the flooring with the tank on top.

frankoq

Members
Not much progress today.
disassembled the FX5 and gave it a good cleaning.
Went to DC to meet Kevin and get some stuff from him.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The media looks like mostly Eheim bio-media. Good stuff in my experience. Expensive if you want to buy it new. There also looks like a little bit of the bio media that comes with Aquaclears mixed in. I'd definitely use it.

frankoq

Members
Thanks Jon.
Going to Congressional today to see if they have the intake tubing. Else, I'll have to order it online.

frankoq

Members
No hoses or intake/outtake with the filter? what about the shut off valves?

Yes to hoses and shut off valves. I left them outside to power wash the inside of the hose. Not sure if they will fit the new set up, so I might just order a new hose. The shut off valves are fine.

frankoq

Members
I can say, with 100% certainty, that you have a big pile of Cocoa Puffs there.

Are you planning to stock the tank with Chocolate Gouramis?

:D Funny you say that. I put this stuff in a zip bag and my little girl thought it was my breakfast. Jummy!