• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fixing the problem...when you're not sure what's wrong. Friday "philosophizing..."

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
To my friend Linda...this blog is inspired by you!

What's wrong?

It's kind of hard when you can't really tell, isn't it? Many of us have had that weird experience of glancing at our aquarium one morning, giving it a good, long stare, and concluding that "Something is just not right..." That's a pretty unnerving feeling- especially if you're a veteran hobbyist, isn't it? I mean, after a few years in the fish game, you'll often find that your "feelings" about stuff like this are usually not without merit.
shutterstock_94709407_b8c39d1d-87e0-4f05-9cbe-1f0c1ba97ed7_large.jpg

Something probably IS wrong in the tank. Did it catch you off guard? Did you see it coming? What to do?

Yeah, I'm in one of those "heal people" modes today...Had a friend call about a disaster in her aquarium the other day that, well, she sort of saw coming...but didn't really follow her instincts...

We've all been to that place before, right? (click to read more)

dogofwar

CCA Members
It nearly never a bad idea to do a partial water change when something seems off... Worst case, you can rule out that the tank needs a water change :)

Especially with cichlids, I never sleep on a fish getting bullied. They won't work it out on their own (that is without bloodshed).

Matt

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
It nearly never a bad idea to do a partial water change when something seems off... Worst case, you can rule out that the tank needs a water change :)

Especially with cichlids, I never sleep on a fish getting bullied. They won't work it out on their own (that is without bloodshed).

Matt
Matt, two GREAT pieces of advice! A free 100% about the bullying thing! Intervention is so important!