• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishroom Estate Sale. OMG! 250g, 150g, 4 x 125g, 75g, 6x 100 stock pond, etc.

davidhusker

Members
*Note: Not my estate, have been on this website previously and was just looking around.

Hey I've been out of the loop but wanted to pass this along. SUPER SHORT NOTICE, sale ends 2/12/14

Starts Closing At
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM EST

11214 Gravel Road, Brandy Station VA 22714

This is a total fishnut guy that had a complete working fishroom and TONS of filters and large tanks. I'm not looking to add any tanks, nor do I have time to drive down and find guys to help me, but it's defineatley a rare oppurtunity for a startup or just a good buy on large tanks.

Lots of nick/nacks too. Check out each page. outdoor stuff on page 3 i think. More aquariums are on page 4 i think. Tons of stuff.

http://rasmus.com/auction/221442/inspect-tuesday-wonderful-estate-sale-online-internet-auction-va/

quick jump for actual auction items.

http://rasmuscatalog.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?rasmus24/category/ALL

olzkool

Members
This sucks so bad. I would take my box truck down there and load up. Its the opportunity I have been waiting for to start my major fishroom I always wanted. I got the cash from taxes and a way to move it but I can't go. I have to be at the OC Boat Show from Wed night through Sunday Night. **** IT!

I think its all bids and the current bid is listed if you go to the second link. I see there is bids on the 250g and a few fx5's but some stuff is just a few cents.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cheap now who knows what they will go for. My bet is that it gets pretty cut throat towards the end.

davidhusker

Members
Cheap now who knows what they will go for. My bet is that it gets pretty cut throat towards the end.

I hear what you're saying. But I've seen tanks on there before (usually single tanks) go for 50% below re-sale ish. Theres really not a lot of fish people that even browse. Most people that goto this site are business startups looking for bank sales and stuff. Hell the websites even hard to find if you try and find online estate auctions. The company only operates in MD, VA, PA, and southern CA from what i've seen. BUT with that said, day auction ends you will see a price increase on most items, just my experience. I'd say (just a random guess) that the tanks will go for @ or below $1 a gallon.

There are two really really rare and cool 10 gallon iron/glass tanks on there that are probably worth getting on their own. probably just for their rarity/antique look.

If i already didnt have my 8 ft tank, i'd buy that 250 with that sweet stand and a complete wet/dry. (well it's already at 370..) That 150 below it is at $1. It'd be worth renting a truck, paying movers, driving down and packing, just to resale at $350 or so. That's just crazy. I'm going to keep an eye out just out of curiousity...

Definitely worth keeping an eye on tomorrow though. I'd be a little weary if anyone is buying that "complete air system" as it's obviously fitted for his room/size. Other than that, some nice outdoor stock tanks for the summer and some huge tanks. Lots of cool Nationals/Orioles stuff to boot! Just to far for me. If anyone jumps on anything keep us updated!

davidhusker

Members
The 75 gal is at $37 right now, and that light on there looks like a fancy one that's probably worth 8x that in the light alone. Plus it's a glass oceanic which will fetch $150 tank only probably...

No doubt there will be some very happy people leaving that auction. I'm guessing that gorgeous 220 will bring a pretty penny. The 125's will go for cheap and the smaller stuff for very little. I never participated in an online auction like this I hope the final sale price (or close to it) is listed. I believe some people from up here in pa have plans to go. Atleast it appears that way on the forums and media sites. I agree that anything better than 1$ a gallon is a good price for the bigger tanks. And it appears as if this guy owned stock in fluval/aquaclear!

olzkool

Members
I'm bidding for sure. There is some stuff i really want. I'm going to be out of town during pick up times but I'm going to get someone to go get them for me...... If I win any. I got a feeling this is gonna spread like wildfire and things are gonna go for too much. I have seen that happen plenty of times at these darn things.

For you guys who havent participated in auctions before, dont forget, there is a 15% buyers premium that will be added to your final bid.

YSS

Members
Forget the fish tanks. How about that grill for $111? I wouldn't mind bidding on the grill if I can pick it up. With all the snow being forecasted, not sure if we can make it out there on Friday and Saturday. So, pick up may be an issue.

Forester

Members
It's too bad that my dad's in Africa right now cause if he wasn't we'd be getting a storage unit, and then going down there with a U-Haul truck to get a ton of tanks and other stuff.