• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First Spawn!

Kelvin

Members
I had my first pepper cory spawn last week. I removed the breeding group and started my watch on the eggs. The eggs took forever to hatch. Wednesday morning when I checked I noticed movement on the bottom of the tank.... fry.. :). I am feeding them powered fish food, which I soak so that it goes to the bottom of the tank. Now I need some help, should I leave them in the 20L or put them in a breeder tray. What else should I feed them?

Thanks
KB

mchambers

Former CCA member
If there are no fish in the 20L that can eat the fry, leave them in there! Powdered fish food is good. I usually feed Golden Pearls, from www.kensfish.com, but you can get Hikari First Bites from a LFS. I also feed microworms, but you'll need a starter culture, so that's a longer term solution.

Kelvin

Members
First Spawn

The fry are in the 20L by themselves except for a few snails. I will start my research on the microworms.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You might search first here. Chriscoli started a thread on this recently. I'm happy to give you a starter culture, but I'm in DC, so it would be a long trip for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app