• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filter Socks (Large 8x18)

scogdell

CCA Members
Hi,
I currently use the large Premium 8"x18" filter socks from CustomAquariums. They are fairly expensive ($20 each if you buy 5) although I don't mind the price as much as the ridiculous shipping costs. To ship 15 of them (total weight of less than 2 pounds)...they charge $60 for S&H.

I have been trying to find another supplier (scoured the internet for hours) that has this size (4" Ring, 8" x 18") but I cannot find them anywhere except Custom Aquariums. Maybe they are the only ones...but hoping not.

Has anybody used these and/or found a different supplier?

Thank you.
Steve

Filter Sock.JPG

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

President
Staff member
Bulk reef supply has a lot but I didn't see the larger size at first glance, plenty of the smaller though, as well as 7x16. I didn't look through all results though. I'd suggest checking the 'reef' sites if you weren't looking at those specifically. Good luck.

Roni Z

CCA Members
Hi,
I currently use the large Premium 8"x18" filter socks from CustomAquariums. They are fairly expensive ($20 each if you buy 5) although I don't mind the price as much as the ridiculous shipping costs. To ship 15 of them (total weight of less than 2 pounds)...they charge $60 for S&H.

I have been trying to find another supplier (scoured the internet for hours) that has this size (4" Ring, 8" x 18") but I cannot find them anywhere except Custom Aquariums. Maybe they are the only ones...but hoping not.

Has anybody used these and/or found a different supplier?

Thank you.
Steve

View attachment 22916
Hi - I get mine from aquariumcoop.com

Roni Z

CCA Members
Hi ... I’m new to hobby but I think this is what you’re looking for.
The owner, Cory, is very knowledgeable and posts a lot of vids on YouTube ( where I’ve learned a lot)
I snapped a pic
You can input “filter bag” in search bar
50E25B48-7AF9-4A2E-AF65-AAAD6FA7EF93.png

scogdell

CCA Members
Hi ... I’m new to hobby but I think this is what you’re looking for.
The owner, Cory, is very knowledgeable and posts a lot of vids on YouTube ( where I’ve learned a lot)
I snapped a pic
You can input “filter bag” in search bar
View attachment 22925
Thank you for your response. But that is a media bag and not the sock filter.

Roni Z

CCA Members
Well, that’s embarrassing.
Let me try to redeem myself.
Here’s another place I buy from ...
11 filter sock selections

B8CE7DA2-BA38-45DF-B627-D20FD5000CCE.png