• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feeding cichlid

peachfish

Members
Hello I am s little new to the hobbie. I just got a tiger oscar and i have been feeding him cichlid gold but he dosent seem to like it. He will eat it swim down and spit it out is there anything i should do different or feed different?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hawkman2000

Members
Some of my Cichlids, both american and african, are not to fond of the gold either. It also seems to make my tanks smell bad. They do, however, like the Hikari bio-gold. I also recommend New Life Spectrum Cichlid and NLS Jumbo Fish Formula. Also, they occasional feeding of P.E. Mysis Shrimp (frozen cubes) will make them love you dearly.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Try different foods until you find one it likes. Oscars aren't particularly picky, so I'm sure it wont take long. I like kensfish pellets, NLS, and Xtreme.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
I knew a guy in Florida that used to feed his Oscars hot-dogs. He'd just drop them in whole and they would tear them to pieces. Not that I would recommend it.