• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

February 2018 POTM Voting

Which is the best picture?

• A

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • B

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • C

• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • F

• G

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Below are the pictures submitted for February. Voting will close in 14 days.

A.

Rd0IgCZ.jpg

B.

FhdQBCv.jpg

C.

TYSXmSs.jpg

D.

iCvu5yP.jpg

E.

QrMOLgK.jpg

F.

5JhQw4q.jpg

G.

yqe99KL.jpg

H.

GMEiMOm.jpg

Good luck to all who submitted pictures!

Becca

Members
Anyone else notice that one of the pictures has a signature on it? Isn't this an anonymous thing?

littlen

CCA Members
To be fair, only 37 people have opened this thread, but many, I'm assuming, are repeat visitors? 28 voters out of 37 visitors isn't bad!

And I noticed the watermark too :D But if I took quality pics like that, I'd want to protect them also.

Becca

Members
To be fair, only 37 people have opened this thread, but many, I'm assuming, are repeat visitors? 28 voters out of 37 visitors isn't bad!

And I noticed the watermark too :D But if I took quality pics like that, I'd want to protect them also.

True. I am in the "super excited it's actually in focus" category of photographers.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Technically it is supposed to be anonymous. However, as many of you have pointed out, I can’t fault someone for having a great picture and wanting to compete. Since everyone can win only once in the 11 months of the year we accept photos, I figured it was reasonable to allow it.

AquaStudent

Members
There are a bunch of great photos this month. Even though it doesn't have a ton of votes, Picture E is a stylish shot! Really unique!

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Congratulations to Lane for winning February's POTM. Say something about the pic lkelly lkelly !

lkelly

Members
Congratulations to Lane for winning February's POTM. Say something about the pic lkelly lkelly !

Thanks!

It's a picture of my male breeder Protomelas sp. "Hertae". At around about 7" long, he's the boss of my 100 gallon tank. They have large mouths and in the wild will use their big lips to suck small invertebrates and other prey out of cracks in the rocks. They aren't terribly aggressive, but will chase other fish away when spawning. I happened to catch him "yawning" while taking some photos. It's much more common to catch him "pooping" but that's not quite as compelling.