• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fancy Plecos

daninmd

Members
Don't have any yet, but thinking about it for a future tank.

What kind of plecos are CCA members currently keeping?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've got groups of L-66, L-75, and clown plecos. I've got singles of L-202, L-29, a few that I am unsure of (one from one of Mike Barber's collecting trips to Peru and another that looks like an L-75 but is different from my group). I'm also picking up a group of the p. weberi from Rachel at the meeting.

todda

Members
F2 - L262, F1 - L399 - breeding, super reds bristlenose - breeding,
longfin green dragon bristlenose - breeding, Rio Tocantin bristlenose, Brilliant bristlenose(L107/184)

Group of 6 F1 - L264, about 2.5 years old -3 inches. $350
Overnight shipping only

DSCN4600.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have ancistrus: wilds, peruvian golds, calico and standard ( lf of both as well), super red, green dragon, and l144 (blue eye lf and standard fin blondes); Clown plecos (Panaqolus maccus); Hypancistrus contradens and L450; and P. weberi

daninmd

Members
very cool. there are so many types of plecos don't know where to start. is it possible to have different types of plecos in one tank or will they easily cross breed?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Although I have seen a few reports of the fancy plecos hybridizing, I don't think it is that common. Many of these fish are hard enough to spawn in captivity that I don't think it would be a large concern. Ancistrus types are probably the exception. They are relatively easy to breed and I believe will cross easily.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
very cool. there are so many types of plecos don't know where to start. is it possible to have different types of plecos in one tank or will they easily cross breed?

I used to have 20+ plecos (each a different L#) housed together. Had no breeding taking place, so I would not be concerned with housing different types. I also did not see any extreme aggression. Just minor territorial disputes and fights over food.