• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eye color fade

Greengirl

Members
I have a zebra angel that is two generations removed from a wild caught one. It used to have red on half its eyes. Now for some reason the eye color is all gone. Attached us what she used to look like. I have treated her recently with metro for a hex problem and she is all better now, except for her colorless eyes. So I have a couple questions:
Has this happened to any of your fish?
Will the color ever come back?
Did metro cause this?
Does it signify a bigger problem for her?

zebra angel.jpg

harlowe777

Members
Its deff. Stress..the color can come back immediately if stress is gone..they can go from red to silver(eyes)..but can go back to red..probly the meds..the black line can even go away..

harlowe777

Members
Where an african cichlids body color will change from stress..angels body color dont change so much..but there eyes will..africans color will dull..angels eyes can do the same..STRESS..

Greengirl

Members
Very interesting. I guess the stress of having hex and being treated for it. I hope you guys are right and the eye color comes back.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Might take a while if like africans offering incentives like a mate might make color come back faster. Make um feel safe and dominant also might work to speed it up, if already healed/treated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app