• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Experience with Wet Spot Tropical Fish

CichlidDan

Members
Anyone have experience buying from Wet Spot Tropical Fish? Thinking about placing an order with them but wanted to know people's experiences.

Becca

Members
Won't refund for DOAs, they issue a store credit which you're unlikely to ever use.

I had a full order die due to UPS holing it for 4 days on a frozen truck. 100% not my fault. I paid for insurance but still had to pay to reship - the credit only covered what was in the package and they don't refund, even if your order was insured. I ended up paying shipping and insurance twice. They refused to ship air freight.

Becca

Members
Aquatic Arts and Aqua Imports sponsor the club and are easier to work with. That said, it's a shit time of year to order fish. You could try Londontowne (also a sponsor and paid members get a 10% discount). No matter where you get fish from, quarantine them.

halak

Members
I have only had positive experiences with The Wet Spot, and I order from them about once a year. Once they did not charge me for a group of puffers because they didn't send out my order when they were supposed to; they were going to do it a day later. I complained and got some free fish (I had plenty of other fish in the order, too, that I did pay for, by the way). If they still have the $40 shipping fee regardless of the size of the order, it's a great deal on shipping!

It is true that they only give store credit for DOAs, which is good for one year.

I believe CCA had group orders from them, and I know GWAPA did, too. I can only speak for GWAPA, and all the GWAPA group orders were seamless.

CichlidDan

Members
Thanks for the input. I’ve ordered from aquatic arts multiple times. First time no issue. 2nd time lost my male borelli not their fault this was after a month and a half-2 months after purchase. 3rd time purchased chili rasboras and another borelli male. Rasboras had ich and lost 7 out of 10 and the 2nd male borelli opal.
I was trying to use someone else to see if I’d have better luck with the apistogramma. I’ll look into aquatic imports. Worst case I’ll try to make it to Londontowne it’s a bit far but maybe a weekend day trip.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Dan, I agree with Becca. Very tough time to ship fish, my son and I have ordered a couple of times a month ago and our fish arrived but the water was pretty cool and my son had to nurse one fish- ours were pretty hardy cichlids and only shipped from PA and Georgia. More delicate fish would be a high risk in my opinion. Good luck.

bkfamus

CCA Members
fwiw my experience w/ WS has been great.. I've purchased from them alot (30+ times in the last 6+ years) and never had a problem. w/ 13 tanks never had any issues with their stock.. Great quality and selection, excellent packaging, always on time delivery, good communication and great prices.. But agree it's tough time right now w/ the weather.. I lost a couple shipments since November from two other very reliable sources due to shipping delays...