• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Experience with Labeo Cyclorhynchus

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Does anyone have any experience keeping labeo cyclorhynchus? Jeff Rapps has them available on his preorder list and I think they are pretty cool looking fish. Most of the husbandry articles I can find through Google say they are on the aggressive side, especially with conspecifics. I'm just looking to see if anyone has kept them in the past.

dogofwar

CCA Members
If they're any think like black sharks they're mean as f.

Seem to remember that the Malawi exhibit at Disney World has them with hippos and Malawi cichlids... They hang out behind the hippos waiting for their next meal...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
A couple of the articles I read said "cichlids may be harassed" by them. If that is truly the case, they are mean little buggers.

Becca

Members
I was interested in them for the tank where I keep T. brichardi, but changed my mind after doing some reading. My understanding was that they'd be buttheads to any fish that shares similar hide-out habits.