• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eheim sale! 2234 (60g) for $65 shipped!

Scorp1us

Members
Petsmart is having a sale $10 off $60, and free shipping.
They also have the 2234 listed as $75. Meaning to your door
64.97!

They generally start at $99 for 25g of filtration and that includes Fluval, etc.

Edit: Dang, they got me for MD tax: 68.87

Last edited:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Don't know

The 2234 is not up to the usual Eheim canister standards - not saying it's a bad filter as I have one a used one and it has worked flawlessly for a year now, but they are very economically built and I would caution anyone who gets one to use care in opening/connecting/etc. as the components and general manufacture are extremely lightweight - it feels like a small knock-off version of the 2026/2028 line and its successors. Given the cost of Eheim replacement parts and the apparently delicate nature of the 2234, well, just be careful.

I run twin regular size Eheims on my 55s - seems a 2234 by its lonesome on a 55 would make for a pretty lean proposition in terms of filtration.

Scorp1us

Members
I unpacked it and it seems ok. Yeah, smaller than I am used to, but it's for a 30g.
It's rated for 60, so I think I'm good. Everything feels fine except the main body. I agree it doesn't feel like my Pro II, or the Pro II knock off.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I think it will be plenty for a 30. I've run a 2232 on a 29. It was a little underpowered, but tolerable.