• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Egg Tumblers, $15 for next club meeting

Charlutz

Members
I needed an egg tumbler, so I built the one pictured. I ended up buying material in quantities more than I needed, so I will put tumblers together for anyone that wants one. What you see is what you get. Tumbler, suction cups, airline, fiberglass mesh netting. Add an air pump and optional airstone and you are in business. Please give me a couple days' advance notice if you want one.

IMG_1945.jpg

Charlutz

Members
I'm interested. Charlie, what are the dimensions? How tall is it?

I can make it to fit your application or you can cut it down (the clear plastic can be cut with kitchen scissors). That one is about 12" tall and slightly taller than the one I use in my 20 long. The base should sit a little bit off the tank floor so that water can come in through the bottom as an intake and not pick up detritus as it does so.

maddog10

Members
Looks like the female picked them all up (except for 1). There was only 1 in the bag when I put the fish in the tank.

Sonny Disposition

I'm thinking it through--I wouldn't use it for my cichlids--the moms seem to be doing just fine.

Got any thoughts on adapting it for use with corydoras eggs? If I end up giving you the go ahead, I would need it sized for a fifteen gallon long.

I can make it to fit your application or you can cut it down (the clear plastic can be cut with kitchen scissors). That one is about 12" tall and slightly taller than the one I use in my 20 long. The base should sit a little bit off the tank floor so that water can come in through the bottom as an intake and not pick up detritus as it does so.

Charlutz

Members
Mike, I will bring to meeting.

How true that you need them when you don't have them. I lost a bunch of cyp eggs and fry with yolk sacs when I stripped 6 females at once because I couldn't tell which ones were holding for how long. Same for some bristlenose pleco eggs that were in my fry grow out tank and got attacked by 3/8" long comps. Now, I always have a couple tumblers on hand.

Bob, I don't know how small corydoras eggs are. I can bring one to the meeting for you and if you don't like it, I'll take it home. Not a big deal. Or, you could take what I give you and just add your own finer mesh as the screens if mesh size is indeed the issue. Old brine shrimp nets would probably make good screen material.

Charlutz

Members
Thanks to everyone who bought a tumbler at the meeting. I tried to let everyone know that if you need spare parts (clear tube, screen, suction cups) just let me know and I will replace at no charge. I'll also refund your money if you aren't satisfied as long as you return it to me.