• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC April Auction - April 14th - Union, NJ

verbal

CCA Members
Spring13Auction_zpsac549793.png

I will be going up very early Sunday morning.

Jefft

Members
You know I am gonna be there.. Gonna have to bring extra meds and insulin shots I am thinking because I am hitting the taco truck HARD and there is supposed to be an incredible Hot Dog spot someone has told me about right around the corner.

chris_todd

Members
Best hot dogs I've ever had in my life are around the corner...

I may be the source of the rumor there are awesome hot dogs nearby. Here's the short version of this post. Go to:

Galloping Hill Grill

at the crazy 7-way intersection* of Chestnut Street with six other thoroughfares ( turn right onto Chestnut Street out of the Elks Lodge parking lot) for awesome hot dogs. Note that this assessment is highly context-dependent. To understand the context, read on (for the more detailed version of the post).

Here ends the short version of this post.
========================================
Here starts the long version of this post.

I had attended my first ECC auction; it could have been the fall of 2012, or the spring of 2011; I don't remember for reasons stated below. It was awesome, to say the least. I have been in this hobby for at least 8 years, and I have yet to see anything like it.

THERE IS FREE BEER!!!!

Yeah, I said Free Beer. The phrases "me" and "free beer" are like moth to a flame, and before I knew it, Bill had me so relaxed I was willing to get in front of a microphone to announce auction lots. By all accounts, I managed not to embarrass myself, but believe me, I had a beer under the table I was pulling from frequently.

Once the craziness that is an ECC auction was over, I found myself in North New Jersey, hungry and facing a 4+ hour drive home. I thought it might be a good idea if I buffered the considerable alcohol in my stomach with some food. Despite the incredibly confusing 7-way intersection, I somehow managed to find myself in the parking lot of the Galloping Hill Grill. Looking over their menu (and the awesome photographs and testimonials on the wall), I decided to go with a couple of hot dogs, which seemed to be their speciality. I got one with onions and sweet relish, and one with spicy relish ( what we Baltimorons might call "red hots", which is really just pickled pepper relish).

In the state I was in (and here is the context-dependent part)...

THEY WERE THE BEST HOT DOGS I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!

OK, I was drunk. Well, not really drunk, but I had a seriously good buzz on. But they were still darned good hot dogs. Nice snap, delicious flavor, nice bun, and tasty toppings. Hard to beat when you're buzzed after a long day's fish auctioneering. :)

You may be compelled, as I was, to buy a 5 lb vacuumed packed bag of them to take home with you. I know my purchase was gone in less than a week, since my two daughters absolutely loved them. Incentive for me to return to the ECC auction, if for no other reason than to get me some more of those Galloping Hill hot dogs.

Chris

* PS: I thought crazy multi-way intersections only happened in Pittsburgh! I spent my college and grad school days living in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, near the 5-way intersection of Forward Ave, Murray Ave, and Pocusset Ave. It was a crazy intersection, often congested with traffic from folks who didn't know which way to turn. When I approached the 7-way intersection near Galloping Hill Grill, I had to guess which street to turn down to get into their parking lot. I guessed correctly, but I can easily imagine someone getting lost in New Jersey for half an hour just at the intersection. :)

Andrew

Members
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me
add something about this auction...

It is a seller's market. I have never seen comparable prices at any other auction. So for all the breeders in CCA who need a goof market, this is the place.

verbal

CCA Members
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me
add something about this auction...

It is a seller's market. I have never seen comparable prices at any other auction. So for all the breeders in CCA who need a goof market, this is the place.

For the buying side, the prices may generally be higher but the selection and variety is unmatched. It has tended to be heavy on the African cichlids, but the new world has been increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
I've been shuffling a few things around in my tanks....I'm making a list of what I might take up with me...

fischfan13

Banned
BIGGEST Cichlid Auction on the East Coast...this Spring!
Free $20 GC to Drs Foster and Smith
Synodontis, Plecos and Cories raffled off
The Best Door Prizes we have ever given away
Free Beer
Fish that are NOT auctioned off anywhere else
YourFishStuff.com
SouthCentralCichlids.com
TheTacoTruck
Aqueon Sump raffled off
Kids Prizes

...and that's just by Noon!!!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Show me the money

Regale and tempt us with thy vendible plentitude of repletive provisionment oh distant Commissariat.

fischfan13

Banned
The One...

The Only...

ECC HUGE Spring Auction '13...

Synodontis/Pleco Choice Raffle!!!

Let's start it off with a Synodontis Granulosus!!!

zpostIMG_1093copy.jpg

From beauty to the beast!!!

Ancistrus ranunculus L034, Medusa Pleco

DSC_0196.JPG

...and Cories too!

corydo11.jpg

A group of Corydoras sp Aeneus "Venezuelan Black".

More to come...a lot more!

fischfan13

Banned
From Steve of...

Wild Caught Cyphotilapia gibberosa Samazi

Wild Caught Cyphotilapia gibberosa Mpimbwe

Wild Caught Frontosa...only at The ECC HUGE Spring Auction '13!

fischfan13

Banned
An "ECC First" will be announced tonight...something added to our Syno/Pleco Raffle that we have never had before.

While waiting, can we entice you with these that will be showing up:
Group of 6

01_0596.jpg

Stock Photo Cynotilapia afra Cobue

Up next...a really hard-to-find livebearer...

fischfan13

Banned

Girardinus metallicus, a Livebearer from Cuba...be the first kid in your neighborhood with these.

girardinus_metallicus_x.jpg

[YT]DaQyy8A9IBw[/YT]​

fischfan13

Banned
Surprise #1
Never before have we had a Pair of Plecos in our Syno/Pleco Choice Raffle...

UNTIL NOW!​

L-333.JPG

Hypancistrus L333

One Pair...

Sponsored by...