• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Donations from SI Cichlids

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
A box just arrived from Anthony from SI Cichlids... some seriously gorgeous fish.

Don't miss out on your chance to take these home! Register today!

Ever seen one of these before? I haven't.... A group?! Are you kidding me?

A group of 6 F1 juvenile Copadichromis geertsi

(from Cichlid-Forum - http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1018):
Males are dark midnight blue with a very attractive gold blaze and very long pelvic fins. Females sport 1-2 darks spots (with the smaller spot on the peduncle being sometimes absent). Males build large cave-crater bowers in the intermediate habitat. This utaka is rarely exported, owing the difficulty of collecting it at depths greater than 25 meters.

Copadichromis-geertsi-male-in-habitat.jpg

HUGE THANKS TO ANTHONY FOR HIS GENEROUS DONATIONS!!!

:party0018:

more to come...

Last edited:

Tony

Be the first kid on your block to breed these magnificent fish!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Very cool! Tony, make sure they make it to the auction and don't accidentally get left in your fish room...

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm just blown away at the generosity of folks like Anthony, Dave, Ted, Li, Les...and many, many others!

Matt

Tony

Oh, did I mention that those Copadichromis geertsi are F1?!!

dogofwar

CCA Members
That's just one of his donations... wait until you see the rest.

Remember that ONLY folks who are registered for AquaMania and bid in the Rare Fish Silent Auction...

Matt

Tony

His other two donations might be just as contested!

Well now that you mention it... Check these puppies out. Not in our club. Gorgeous peacock..

Aulonocara sp. "chitande type masinje"

Not a fish seen very often. These are generally considered a separate category of peacock from those more commonly seen around (Jakes, Stuartgrantis). They're more of a dwarf (maylandi or kandeense) and max out around 5" or so. From what I've heard, they're a bit more sturdy than these guys though. A 30 long or 40B would probably be fine for these guys long term for the colony alone or in a 4' tank with another compatible species or two.

Group of 6 2" F1 juveniles!

Aulonocara-sp-chitande-type-masinje-Narungu-Male.jpg

[YT]2_Gsu8g-jN0[/YT]

THANKS ANTHONY!!!!!

Tony

Just wanted to follow up and thank SI Cichlids again for his generous donations for the event. The final "surprise" group of fish that Anthony donated was an adult quad of Nyassachromis broadzulu.

They are doing great and in Shane's tank. Here's a shot of them from his other thread. I'm sure they'll be breeding in no time!

[YT]4Zwz3Tn7IEc[/YT]

Thanks again, Anthony!

If anyone is looking for some awesome rift lake fish, check out his website.

http://www.sicichlids.com/

lkelly

Members
I ended up with the "Chitande type masinje" peacocks. They are awesome, and it would be a stretch to call them "juveniles" as the largest is close to 3". Thanks again to Anthony for those. I'm putting together a 40B for them (already have the tank, just need to make a stand that gets the WAF stamp). I didn't expect to buy fish at the auction, but they were too hard to pass up.

Ading522

Members
A box just arrived from Anthony from SI Cichlids... some seriously gorgeous fish.

Don't miss out on your chance to take these home! Register today!

Ever seen one of these before? I haven't.... A group?! Are you kidding me?

A group of 6 F1 juvenile Copadichromis geertsi

(from Cichlid-Forum - http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1018):
Males are dark midnight blue with a very attractive gold blaze and very long pelvic fins. Females sport 1-2 darks spots (with the smaller spot on the peduncle being sometimes absent). Males build large cave-crater bowers in the intermediate habitat. This utaka is rarely exported, owing the difficulty of collecting it at depths greater than 25 meters.

Copadichromis-geertsi-male-in-habitat.jpg

HUGE THANKS TO ANTHONY FOR HIS GENEROUS DONATIONS!!!

:party0018:

more to come...

how to acquire one of these?