• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Did Everybody Just feel that?

Cartel

Members
I lived in L.A. during the 89, and 94 quake. I was old enough to really experience the 94 and that one was scary. That became the reasonmy family relocated to TX haha. With that said this one still got my full attention. The sound our building made was just no bueno!

d1bb4102.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
I was in a grocery store in Rockville, MD during the quake...it felt pretty mild in comparison to the one about a year or so ago that had its epicenter in Gaithersburg.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I was on my Police MTB in front of Discovery and didn't feel anything. The guy next to me said he felt it.

YSS

Members
I have been through some pretty bad ones. 1989, Northridge! REALLY BAD! and a bunch of smaller ones.

I just want to say one thing... for everyones safety, if there is ever a bigger one. Growing up in California you learn these things.... do not run outside during the earthquake. You have a better chance of getting hit with flying objects than being inside. So if there is another one, simply stay put and go to the ground ( try to get under something ). Cover your head and face. A desk/table will work. If you are in bed cover your head with a pillow. Basically... moving is the worst thing you can do.

I knew exactly what it was.... but I must say for small ones I usually just keep doing what I am doing... but this one once it got more violent I went under a door. This was about as big as I can take them. Any bigger people get hurt, I freak out :lol: and crystal gets broken :angry3: !

Check all of your stands and the seals on your tanks. They might not have busted but they can weaken.

Glad everyone is ok and everyones fish are too :jumpy:

Good advise Sarah. I also lived in CA for a few years, but never went through a big one. Just a couple of small ones. Yup, I stayed put while this was going on when everyone in the building was running down the stairs and out the door. Basically, that's what I heard everyone was doing. I will have to check my stands and see how they are holding up.

fischfan13

Banned
I have been through some pretty bad ones. 1989, Northridge! REALLY BAD! and a bunch of smaller ones.

I just want to say one thing... for everyones safety, if there is ever a bigger one. Growing up in California you learn these things.... do not run outside during the earthquake. You have a better chance of getting hit with flying objects than being inside. So if there is another one, simply stay put and go to the ground ( try to get under something ). Cover your head and face. A desk/table will work. If you are in bed cover your head with a pillow. Basically... moving is the worst thing you can do.

I knew exactly what it was.... but I must say for small ones I usually just keep doing what I am doing... but this one once it got more violent I went under a door. This was about as big as I can take them. Any bigger people get hurt, I freak out :lol: and crystal gets broken :angry3: !

Check all of your stands and the seals on your tanks. They might not have busted but they can weaken.

Glad everyone is ok and everyones fish are too :jumpy:

Thanks.
Now you need to learn how to react to 1/2" of rain, 2" of snow, temp below 45f, Nor'easter's, Hurricane and tornado threats, humidity above 80%...:D

chris_todd

Members
Are you the Chris Todd who works in Security at TRP? If so, then we're co-workers! I'm in RPS, bldg 2, 4th floor!!! Small world!

Ruth

Indeed I am, Ruth. I didn't know I had any CCA peeps that were coworkers!?!? It's a small world (though a big company, LOL) after all.

longstocking

Members
You know ... I don't mind snow, hurricanes, tornato threats etc...

It's just the rain !! I freak out driving in bad rain :lol: If I am a passanger... I just have to go to sleep. I pull over if I am driving :lol: I freak out so bad I cry :(

It doesn't rain like it does in Cali. Everyone on the east coast would say it's a "sprinkle" when people in cali are running indoors to get away from the sprinkle :lol:

mscichlid

Founder
Does the no running outside during an earthquake apply to city dwellers? I'd rather be outside in the street than have the house come down around me.

Heatwave, earthquake, hurricane. MD is becoming suckie as far as weather goes. May have to move to Hawaii. Safest place to live?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Heatwave, earthquake, hurricane. MD is becoming suckie as far as weather goes. May have to move to Hawaii. Safest place to live?
I don't think living on a volcano is the next best alternative. Something goes wrong, you can get in the water, or jump to another volcano...:eek:

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Does the no running outside during an earthquake apply to city dwellers? I'd rather be outside in the street than have the house come down around me.

Hey Francine, one of the times my wife and I went to Hawaii we stayed in this really beautiful hotel on the island of Kuawii on Poipu Beach. Several years later a typhoon totally destroyed it. If mom nature scares you, stay where you are. It is about as safe as you are likely to get.

George

PS. Hawaii is a good place to experience a tsunami too.

bschuhart

Members
"VIRGINIA QUAKE~~BREAKING NEWS!!! The USGS has determined that the epicenter of the Va earthquake was in a graveyard just outside of DC. The cause appears to be all of our Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves."

Ophelia77

Members

North Central Illinois is great:) Only a few tornados a year but a great alert system (reeeaaally loud) and less chance than here, minor heat waves but not this bad, no hurricanes, earthquakes are possible but more in the southern part of the state, much lower cost of living (the farther you move from Chicago), and great people:) Oh, why am I still here?!?

mscichlid

Founder
C'mon! Tornados! Milwaukee scared the bejeebies out of me (notice I did not use profanity). One twister is way too many for me. Auntie Em, indeed.