• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dehumidifier Water - Anyone Use It?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Precisely what I was thinking :)

My water supply into the fishroom is also a hose from the laundry room (on the other side of the house ;) )...

I'd be freaked out if the dehumidifier water resulted in a blue or green piece of polyfilter. It wasn't but going to bring a sample and a couple of bucks to Congressional Aquarium for a full array of water testing before I use it.

Matt

Matt; I don't know if you've got a drain in your fish room, but instead of tearing up the concrete to install one, I used a little hillbilly engineering and came up with an alternative. I roll it over by the fish room door, raise the wheels, and unroll the hose through the family room, out the back door and down the hill in the back yard. All I paid for were the hose and a few fittings to hook it up, the rest were castaways: old stenographer's table and a utility sink. It ain't pretty but it works.

DSCN7768_zpse7jbpbog.jpg

finzz

Members
My water supply into the fishroom is also a hose from the laundry room (on the other side of the house ;) )...
Matt

Mine too; exactly. through the family room and into the fish room, between the TV and the couch. That's why I started doing water changes on Saturday nights when all the kids were out doing other things (that's right: that's my Saturday night. I'm a wild man). I kept the schedule even though most of the kids are out of the house now. The wife doesn't even seem to notice me walking by with hoses and buckets any more.

In my old apartment I would use it for top off on my cichlid tanks daily. At the time the system was 700 gallons and I was adding 2 gallons a day pretty much.

In my house the dehumidifier is actually upstairs and my fish room is in the basement so I don't use it much anymore. Just too lazy to take it down the stairs when the kitchen sink was right there.

Carolineep

CCA Members
What a great thread !
And timely as well I just installed my dehumidifier. I got the 30 liter one may have to upgrade as room expands.
I will be interested to see how your experiments go.