• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dave's Group Buy... Sign up today!

daninmd

Members
hey, I didn't even order fish but received some :p...talk about service!

I had cancelled my order a few weeks back since I was going to be out of town, but I guess Dave forgot to cross my order off and he brought the fish anyway. luckily we have great members and someone was helpful enough to grab my bags and I was able to pick them up last night on the way home from the airport.

Thanks again George, I owe you!

hey, I didn't even order fish but received some :p...talk about service!

I had cancelled my order a few weeks back since I was going to be out of town, but I guess Dave forgot to cross my order off and he brought the fish anyway. luckily we have great members and someone was helpful enough to grab my bags and I was able to pick them up last night on the way home from the airport.

Thanks again George, I owe you!

Whew, glad that worked out!

dogofwar

CCA Members
CCA is about the best deal going if you're a cichlid hobbyist in the MD/VA/DC area.

For $20 a year you not only get in on so many group buys, raffles and other deals, you get access to some of the best cichlid, catfish and aquarium experts from around the world...presenting for you...live and in person...as well as a an awesome BBQ and Holiday Party.

Crazy at it seems, only a small, small fraction of cichlid-keepers in our area are members of the club - we've only scratched the surface. Heck, there are a lot of people who come to meetings and buy and sell on our forum who aren't CCA members!

I think there's a club in New Orleans (not sure about Baton Rouge)...if you know any of those folks, you should mention doing a group buy with Dave.

Matt

Man I wish I were closer to you guys in CCA. I'd totally join, just to get the deals from Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MarkK

CCA Members
Dave's Only a 6-hour drive away from you

Man I wish I were closer to you guys in CCA. I'd totally join, just to get the deals from Dave.

Baton Rouge is only a 6-hour drive to San Antonio. Plan a Texas vacation and on the way home (must be arranged with Dave in advance) pick up your order and drive it home yourself.

verbal

CCA Members
Baton Rouge is only a 6-hour drive to San Antonio. Plan a Texas vacation and on the way home (must be arranged with Dave in advance) pick up your order and drive it home yourself.

Also I bet he has great fed ex rates since it is so close.

EdWhite

Members
Yes, the FedEx rates are't too bad. My last order was a dozen fish, and the shipping was under $40. Not too mention, from his tank to mine was less than 15 hours, so I'm sure that is much less stress on them.
We really don't have a club in Baton Rouge. I've spoke to several friends in the hobby and talked about forming one. I haven't heard about one in New Orleans, but I will look in to it. I have been spreading the word about Dave.

EdWhite

Members
Is it possible to join CCA living in Louisiana? I checked and the club in New Orleans is now defunct, and from what I understand it was never as functional as what you guys do.
My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married Nov 2014 in Boston. We could totally plan around possibly attending a meeting, lol. Seriously, I want to get to know founding members and possibly starting something in our neck of the woods. Our LFS owners buy from the same distributors as petsmart/petco and the like. Seem annoyed with request to look for certain species...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sure - we've got members all over the country. Some joined when we hosted the ACA Annual Convention a couple of years ago, other just want to help support the CCA and its activities...and be eligible for CCA member-only deals :)

Joining the club is as easy as clicking on this link: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/?pageid=membership

You and your husband are more the welcome to attend a CCA meeting, member or not. In person meetings are generally the 2nd Saturday of the Month at JFK HS in Silver Spring, MD and feature a speaker, a mini-auction and other activities.

Dues from members goes to pay for meeting space, travel for speakers, refreshments for meetings and other club expenses, so every bit helps!

Matt

PS I'd also recommend getting involved with the Hill Country Cichlid Club: http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/ Lot's of great folks, including Dave himself are members...

Is it possible to join CCA living in Louisiana? I checked and the club in New Orleans is now defunct, and from what I understand it was never as functional as what you guys do.
My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married Nov 2014 in Boston. We could totally plan around possibly attending a meeting, lol. Seriously, I want to get to know founding members and possibly starting something in our neck of the woods. Our LFS owners buy from the same distributors as petsmart/petco and the like. Seem annoyed with request to look for certain species...