• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

cryptocoryne wendtii bronze

rsretep

Members
have an over abundance of this plant (10"-14") wondering if any one would be interested if i would bring some to september auction

kewx

Members
What is the temp range 70-84 for the plant and will it grow in low light? If so i'm interested.

MAV75

Members
I am interested in getting a few of these if you still have any left. I will be at the next meeting. Thank you.
Mauricio

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Crypt wendtii is one of my favorite plants. Low-light and hearty.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
This is a very nice plant and it will put up with low light, however it may turn a bit more green if the light intensity is not to it's liking. Most red/bronze plants maintain their color better when given good light.

I had some of this and it sold very well in the auction. I am with Tony, one of my favorites and it spreads nicely without taking over the tank like Val can.

George

rsretep

Members
will bring a few bags to auction....has grown well for me with high light (192 watts of 6500k) on a forty breeder...had traded some to sarah ( aka longstocking) earlier this year maybe she will chime in an give you her opinion of this plant

longstocking

Members
Peter has the best I have seen in quite some time. He gave me an enorous amount!

I still have it and it does well for me in medium light. I would buy it but I won't be at the meeting :( So, someone will get lucky! It's a really nice red color VERY VERY healthy :)

I actually have these guys too. Wonderful hardy plants. I share the wealth of the bronze wendtii. However I don't have enough to give away though.

mscichlid

Founder
yes there was more than one! Thank you for being so generous. I'm waiting to see if I can do the plant justice.

JasonC

Members
yes there was more than one! Thank you for being so generous. I'm waiting to see if I can do the plant justice.

You really shouldn't have any problem with it... bout the only plant I cant kill. Even if it melts, mine always comes back... usually with multiple plants coming up.

Right now, they are about the only plant that I am truly happy with in my "show" tank.

mscichlid

Founder
With one of them I tried a Gwapa method of trimming crypts to make them grow bushy...I loped it off above the roots about 1 inch. I'll keep you posted about how it turns out....or I'll be begging for more:)

rsretep

Members
while removing those crypts for the meeting I inadvertantly snapped a few nice specimens off at the gravel (due to the extent of the roots) I floated those hoping maybe they will throw me a root or two