• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

couple shots, endli, oscar, and discus but not all in the same tank :D

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I won't overload with invert pictures this time, just a few fish shots.

discus:
discus005-1.jpg

discus007-1.jpg

discus010.jpg

oscar:
53109016.jpg

53109045.jpg

endlis and gar:
53109048.jpg

updates529020.jpg

farlowella:
53109028.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
there are 5 discus in a 75g.

Here are a couple more of the gar, he is hard to photograph because he follows me back and forth, lol
newpicupdates004.jpg

video006.jpg

garupdate043.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
yea, they eat me out of house and home :D all those critters do actually <except the little farlo>

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
You're getting sleepy... your eyes are feeling very heavy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you want to give me your oscar... you want to give me your oscar...

cmcpart0422

Members
That gar is just wild! How old is it? Where did you get it and what do you feed it? What size tank is it in? I love it!!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I am not sure how old it is, to be honest. Its an Atractosteus tropicus and is about 17" or so right now. I bought it from Neoprodigy several months ago. He eats massivore pellets, earthworms, occasional platies, tilapia fillet, and market shrimp. Right now he is in a 4x2x2. I just paid for the acrylic to build an 8x4x3 for my endlicheri and the gar. This particular gar species usually maxes out at about 20-24" in the aquarium, but the endlicheri get to about 30-36" so need much more space for their "forever" tank. The gar is very mild and peaceful. He follows me from side to side in the tank if I am near and despite all his visible teeth, is a very gentle thing. He dogpiles with the polypterus and is a really neat fish.

mscichlid

Founder
Nice fish! I must say the primatives are a little creepy, but I admire your dedication and the care you provide for your specimens. Your oscar is also boss!

NICE DISCUS. They a really nice and stunning. They look so healthy. If I could keep discus looking that good I would keep them.

msjinkzd

invert junkie

ALthough the primitive fish are kind of creepy, they are just fascinating to watch. They have quickly become my favorites.