• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cory Fever

finzz

Members
Mine were happy & healthy at 7.0 to 7.5 pH, but would not spawn unless the pH was at 6.5 or lower.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm by no means a Cory expert...but have listened to a few presentations over the years. Arthur (last name?) was our speaker a couple of years ago and basically set up each species in a 10g. He went through an initial standard approach and then various approaches with each species until - almost without fail - got them to spawn...

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I think he went with the "artificial dry season" approach to letting the tank get mighty funky then a big water change and high quality food.

Blaise

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Yes. This approach works well. Another is just a large water change with high quality food and a slight temperature drop with the water change. I've used this simple one to spawn two different species.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Only will happen if they are on
So on a more serious note, what are the chances my cories (duplicareus) show up at the BFD?
Not very likely. Your best hope would be to order them from Batfish or Jeff Rapps, if they can get them. They're not often on preorder lists, however.

lkelly

Members
This summarizes my expertise regarding Cories. Hopefully it will fill in some of the apparent gaps you still have in your research.

finzz

Members
I've dealt with Wetspot a few times and they're good folks. They've always had healthy fish and sent exactly what I ordered. The only downsides are that they're a little on the pricey side and their DOA policy doesn't include a refund: you have to order more of the same fish.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The Wetspot has good stuff. Check with Batfish. He occasionally gets wholesale orders from them and may be able to bring in specific fish with an upcoming order.