• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Clear stool

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sounds like an internal parasite. What you are seeing is the fish shedding its intestinal lining. I have used medicated flakes from Angels plus with limited success.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
Internal parasites is probably correct. They can be tough to get rid of, and usually it becomes more of an issue of management. Try Praziquentenal, though, available as Prazi Pro. It's expensive, but it'll do the trick.

You can also try SafeGuard for Goats -- do a search of the forums, and you'll turn up some stuff.

Ading522

Members
Internal parasites is probably correct. They can be tough to get rid of, and usually it becomes more of an issue of management. Try Praziquentenal, though, available as Prazi Pro. It's expensive, but it'll do the trick.

You can also try SafeGuard for Goats -- do a search of the forums, and you'll turn up some stuff.

i did not know goat medicine could help fishes too.. thanks! this is very informative..

dshaffer3

Members
I just stopped by a buddies house that breeds dogs. He has some safeguard on the way now. He uses it to deworm the pups. Thanks JLW! Thanks JonClark!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
what did you mean by limited success? what is the affected fishes' prognosis?

I have had some fish eat the flakes and get better, others refuse to eat and die soon thereafter. The earlier you can catch it the better. I have found that once they refuse to eat, chances of recovery drop significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
Are you guys sure this isn't hex? My angels had it and stopped eating. I dosed the tank with metronidazole for four days. didn't try feeding them for 5 more days, and then they started eating again and were cured. Metro is not really harmful to healthy fish and it kills internal parasites (hexamita is an internal parasite). So if you use it and it wasn't hex, you do no real harm to your fish.

JasonC

Members
+1 on the metro... that and flubendazole are my go-tos for quarantine... but watch out as the fluben will nuke your biofilter IIRC... kills snails too.

rupertoooo

Members
Pristine Aquarium is not too far from Ft Washington, I would give them a shot. I believe they carry Seachem who makes a Metro medication.

dshaffer3

Members
Male benga peacock. I was looking at some pictures of the tank and I noticed the clear stool in one of the pics. He never ate from the time I got him. I thought that this was because his mouth was beat up pretty bad when I got him.

dshaffer3

Members
Metro worked for my Frontosa. He had picked it up 2 days before he stopped eating. I noticed him not eating breakfast Friday morning. He ate later that night around 11pm. They were infection is called Dropsy. They end up looking like pine cones. The fish that was already bloated didn't fare so well. I tried prazi-pro and tetra parasite guard.