• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cichlid Flakes vs Spirulina

Scorp1us

Members
I was told by the guy who sold me my fish to only use spirulina -enhanced flakes (TetraVeggie and the like) . But everywhere I see cichlid flakes and Cobalt even has a cichlid flake with 3 of the fish I have on it! However spirulina is not mentioned on their can. I do have plenty of aquatic wisteria... What is best for my Malawi cichlids? part of the problem is no one carries TetraVeggie locally.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
What type of fish do you have? Spirulina is a good ingredient for most Africans, but its not necessarily a requirement. There are many types of pellets that are fine for most Africans, its more important that quality ingredients are used (fish meal, spirulina) as opposed to fillers (oat meal).

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've used Kensfish.com's Tropheus Lovers Flake for some time. Good stuff.

Recently started using the Rapashy Superfoods "Soilent Green" - some fish tear it up, others pick at it...but I think it has more actual greens in it than anything else that I've found.

Matt

monfrey29

Members
The Zoomed Spirulina flakes are awesome. I winged my fish from the tetra cichlid flakes to this, and my fish love it. I don't know of it WA the good or just me (not noticing), but I sit in front of my tank everyday. Some of my fish have colors showing up that otherwise were not there before. Good food.
Sent from my YP-G70 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skanda

Members
I've heard that Kens Fish Food and That Fish place are good places to buy flake food.
What is the best place? and types (Earth work, brine shrimp, spiriluna, chicken liver flakes) do people recommend for:

1 Tanganyka cichlids,
2. South east asian commnuty tank including redline torpedos, and sharks.an
severums

PLeas elet me know.

Thanks

CichlidJoe

Members
I feed my Africans New Life Spectrum pellets and Omega One pellets. Make sure that whatever food you feed them has plant matter, and you check the amount of protein on the label. You could cause bloat if you're constantly feeding them high protein food. You ideally want to be around 38% protein

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app